The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings Fastlaners

Jab

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 17, 2012
My name is Andrew, I'm 24, I live in the south of England and I'm a personal trainer.

My journey towards freedom began in earnest just under two years ago when I first discovered the concept of "passive" income - the idea that selling your time for money just plain sucks and that you can make time work for you. I knew at the time that I never wanted a 9-5, 40 year plan. I'd seen that work out badly for some people very close to me. But I didn't know what else there was or what I wanted to do. Discovering passive income, internet marketing and a few key concepts completely changed my life.

I read the 4-Hour Work Week. I read the Smart Passive Income Blog. I watched seminars and listened to podcasts. I started writing.

One of the most significant quotes I found was from Doug Casey, and it went something like; "the key to becoming wealthy is producing more than you consume, and saving the difference". I LOVED this idea. I have always wanted to create and produce. And of course, it makes mathematical sense.

About a year ago (I think?) I read MJ's book, and it fastracked my brain. I was hungry and willing to accept the concepts he talked about and absorbed it all like a sponge. His was the last book on business and marketing I read in its entirety - I had become an information whore, but stopped that and started actually trying to produce things.

I have attempted various things, and to date all have failed for various reasons. :D Right now however I am starting up my most exciting idea to date - and this one will work. It's the first time I have actually felt like I am taking the right steps. I'm building a company that has truly enormous potential and wake up excited every day. I have had talks with designers, sourced my manufacturer, talked with shipping agents. Nearly everything is in place and I feel like it's Christmas every day. Currently I am looking for investors and speaking with banks about getting loans - once the money is in place then things will get even more interesting. :)

So that's a bit about me and where I'm at right now. Thank you to everyone here for so much of the great advice I have read, I hope to keep learning from you lovely people, and hopefully contributing as much as I can to this community too.

Best,

Andrew

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Awesome intro and welcome aboard.

I'm building a company that has truly enormous potential and wake up excited every day. I have had talks with designers, sourced my manufacturer, talked with shipping agents. Nearly everything is in place and I feel like it's Christmas every day.

Ahh living the dream of entrepreneurship! So very cool.

Jab

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 17, 2012
Thanks a lot for taking the time to read my spiel MJ!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...