The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greeting and Salutations

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
Hey everyone!

I, like many others, have been a lurker here for a little bit. I've learned a fair bit already and can't wait to learn more as a member. I have just starting reading TMF and sofar it is eye opening to say the least.

I am 26 and in the Army, just moved to Maine as a Recruiter a few weeks ago and love it here sofar. It has been great for me but as everyone knows it doesn't leave one with much time or money to speak of. [emoji33]

I am planning to retire after this tour, the toll on my body as simply been too much. This means thatI have just about 3 years to set myself up for the life I would like to provide my family with. It would be amazing to not have to look at my account to see if I can afford a $50 dinner with my wife!

I have a few ideas for business right now (2 mains and a few smallers) but being something of a perfectionist with things that I am passionate about, the way I want them to be founded will require a bit more capital that I currently possess so until that time it's planning and research (at least for those ideas). [Actually one of them I have turned into a blog that I love writing for since it gives great info about something I really enjoy, however while my content is great I am horrible at gaining traffic]

I am hoping to find a way that while still in the Army I can set up a small online business that helps to offset some of the costs of living so I can provide a better life for my family. I have about $400 that I can currently invest into this and can probably squeeze about $200 more should I need to.

Things I have learned about and am interested in sofar (with my hangups) are:
Importing and selling online, product discovery is my hangup here

Membership site/ product [like Dollar Shave Club], but startup costs might be too much

Affiliate marketing, but no idea where to begin on this one

Fiverr, seems to be a simple way to provide a service and gain cashflow with little to no startup cost. I actually created an account and posted a gig a few days ago but no luck sofar. I'm going to keep pushing this route until I figure it out regardless of other avenues I work on.

Thus are my thoughts at the moment! I look forward to getting to know you all and learning as much as I can from you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Welcome to the forum bud! Glad to see more vets are taking over haha.

The one great skill you learn as a recruiter, selling. Hone that skill, because no matter what business you start, #1 priority is to sell.

Crossroads

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Aug 31, 2016
Hey everyone!

I, like many others, have been a lurker here for a little bit. I've learned a fair bit already and can't wait to learn more as a member. I have just starting reading TMF and sofar it is eye opening to say the least.

I am 26 and in the Army, just moved to Maine as a Recruiter a few weeks ago and love it here sofar. It has been great for me but as everyone knows it doesn't leave one with much time or money to speak of. [emoji33]

I am planning to retire after this tour, the toll on my body as simply been too much. This means thatI have just about 3 years to set myself up for the life I would like to provide my family with. It would be amazing to not have to look at my account to see if I can afford a $50 dinner with my wife!

I have a few ideas for business right now (2 mains and a few smallers) but being something of a perfectionist with things that I am passionate about, the way I want them to be founded will require a bit more capital that I currently possess so until that time it's planning and research (at least for those ideas). [Actually one of them I have turned into a blog that I love writing for since it gives great info about something I really enjoy, however while my content is great I am horrible at gaining traffic]

I am hoping to find a way that while still in the Army I can set up a small online business that helps to offset some of the costs of living so I can provide a better life for my family. I have about $400 that I can currently invest into this and can probably squeeze about $200 more should I need to.

Things I have learned about and am interested in sofar (with my hangups) are:
Importing and selling online, product discovery is my hangup here

Membership site/ product [like Dollar Shave Club], but startup costs might be too much

Affiliate marketing, but no idea where to begin on this one

Fiverr, seems to be a simple way to provide a service and gain cashflow with little to no startup cost. I actually created an account and posted a gig a few days ago but no luck sofar. I'm going to keep pushing this route until I figure it out regardless of other avenues I work on.

Thus are my thoughts at the moment! I look forward to getting to know you all and learning as much as I can from you!
Welcome, Patrick. You're definitely in the right place. :)

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
Welcome to the forum bud! Glad to see more vets are taking over haha.

The one great skill you learn as a recruiter, selling. Hone that skill, because no matter what business you start, #1 priority is to sell.
Thanks! I definitely think it will come in handy! Now to find a valuable product!....

I do love how many vets there are here. Makes me happy that some of us are succeeding at least!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Thanks! I definitely think it will come in handy! Now to find a valuable product!....

I do love how many vets there are here. Makes me happy that some of us are succeeding at least!

I haven't looked too much into it but there had been talk about converting GI bill into a small business loan. Worth looking into if you haven't used you GI yet.

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
I haven't looked too much into it but there had been talk about converting GI bill into a small business loan. Worth looking into if you haven't used you GI yet.
Instead of using the GI Bill, the VA also offers small business loans with solid rates. I would prefer to avoid a loan to start if possible. I know that means less capital to begin but since I am so new to this (plus my truck, morgage, etc payments) I can't afford to risk another loan since I have to think of family too.

So my goal is to start something with that I have and reinvest to grow! Even if I can turn around a measly $200 a month while providing something decent to the market I would be able to scale greatly from there. Thankfully I'm not (completely) hoping for millions after my first month! [emoji12]

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Oh I agree. I'm avoiding loans and credit at all costs, but figured I'd mention it, since it's one of the advantages we have.

Patrick R

Shwizzle Shwazzle
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Sep 11, 2016
Maine
Oh I agree. I'm avoiding loans and credit at all costs, but figured I'd mention it, since it's one of the advantages we have.
Seems like you and I are on the same page here!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...