The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Green Industry--anyone familiar with this industry?? need help!!

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Hi everyone,

I would like to start a business in the Green Industry, but before that, I need someone who is experienced enough with the industry to know whether my business would be needed

i have 2 business ideas in mind but i cant choose which one would be better

so if anyone is experienced in this industry, or knows anyone that is experienced in this industry PLEASE post below or PM me, i would really like to get this business up and running ASAP

Thanks to everyone for the time and I would truly appreciate it if you could help!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You should knit blankets out of recycled magazines. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
You should start a squirrel powered energy company. You can get a big windmill but put tubes on it instead of wings. Then you can coerce squirrels to run up and down the proper tubes to generate electricity on a massive scale.

You could also invent a type of battery acid that is also safe to drink. That way you can just drink your car batteries when they no longer hold a charge.

:D

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
You should start a squirrel powered energy company. You can get a big windmill but put tubes on it instead of wings. Then you can coerce squirrels to run up and down the proper tubes to generate electricity on a massive scale.

You could also invent a type of battery acid that is also safe to drink. That way you can just drink your car batteries when they no longer hold a charge.

:D

where do you get these crazy ideas????

but i have to say, that squirrel idea is quite possible

kak, do you have experience in the green industry?? cause if you do, i'd like to pm you about the 2 green business ideas i have in mind

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
I think you are going to have to define what green industry is. Seems to have several different meaning to different groups of people.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Yeah man green is not really an industry. Almost any industry can have a green segment or product offering.

Green energy for instance. I offer it along side regular energy. No one buys it cause its more expensive but I have it available.

Brootal

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Jun 30, 2009
Virginia
Yes, please clarify what industry you are looking at.

The company I work for provides industrial gearboxes to many different 'green' industries. Primarily wind and coal fired power plants (clean coal), but many others as well.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I suppose you could always invent a anti gas pill for cows. This way I can chow down on a porterhouse and not worry that my carbon footprint went up beyond what my 7 passenger V8 SUV that I use as my daily driver gets me. :D

rexxkai

Lazy Noob
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Apr 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Sorry for the confusion friends, for the green industry, i mean the industries related to renewable energy (eg. solar, wind, geothermal power) or energy efficiency (eg. smart grid) or soil,water,wildlife conservation or waste management/treatment or recycling

hope this clears this up!

ps: i'm still in need of advice from people with some experience in these field

max momo

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Mar 15, 2008
California
Your question is waaaay to vague. Advice on what, exacty? You haven't formulated a thesis or plan to solicit feedback. I have experience in the field, so what. Your question could very well be one of very general business and thus benefit from a wider audience.

My advice to you is to formulate your plan first then work on your presentation and written communication skills. There is a reason you haven't received feedback yet...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.