The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great video on IDEA VALIDATION. Cut the fat off your new idea to create a MVP before you test.

Idea threads

ANR

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 4, 2015

Have spent the day learning about IDEA VALIDATION, which is especially good for me after going down a few dead ends!

Hope this video helps other people too.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
Really enjoyed the video - thanks.

Although the "sneaky" method he said at the end seems to morally wrong. It is one thing to pump ads and get email sign ups but to hold on to peoples cash until you figure out something may or may not work (that is before you even have any product/intention to send it out) seems wrong.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Everything in there was really helpful except that last part, which I believe is actually illegal. At least in the United States it is. But besides that good process for getting started quick, getting your MVP out there, and actually getting real customer feedback.

Also, fun fact. This fictitious business just killed every single customers cat. Cats are obligate carnivores and cannot be vegan or vegetarian.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany
You could also try the book

“Sprint“. (How to test big ideas in just 7 days)

Great one.

ANR

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 4, 2015
@[HASHTAG]#nowhere[/HASHTAG] Going to have a look at that book I think. Have you used anything you learned from the book?

Noah Kagen has allot of good content on the AppSumo youtube channel about switching from Wantrepreneur to Entrepreneur. I'm debating buying his short course on fast idea validation.

@HoneyBadger It is a bit deceitful I agree!

@Scot I think what I liked about his fictitious business was that it was exactly the same idea I was thinking about! Except I was gong to do luxury dog food to start with rather than cats.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
@[HASHTAG]#nowhere[/HASHTAG] Going to have a look at that book I think. Have you used anything you learned from the book?

Noah Kagen has allot of good content on the AppSumo youtube channel about switching from Wantrepreneur to Entrepreneur. I'm debating buying his short course on fast idea validation.

@HoneyBadger It is a bit deceitful I agree!

@Scot I think what I liked about his fictitious business was that it was exactly the same idea I was thinking about! Except I was gong to do luxury dog food to start with rather than cats.

My wife is a vet, if you have any questions about the pet food industry, let me know. I probably won't be able to go directly to her questions often, but I've picked up a lot of knowledge just by association.

ANR

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 4, 2015
My wife is a vet, if you have any questions about the pet food industry, let me know. I probably won't be able to go directly to her questions often, but I've picked up a lot of knowledge just by association.

Amazing!
When a pet owner comes in with an animal in need of treatment, what is their biggest worry?

What are some of the things your wife/the vet practice does to calm the pet owners down?

If your wife could change anything about her place of work what would it be?

Thank you in advance, you don't have to answer all of those maybe just the one you like the best ;) !!

ANR

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Amazing!
When a pet owner comes in with an animal in need of treatment, what is their biggest worry?

What are some of the things your wife/the vet practice does to calm the pet owners down?

If your wife could change anything about her place of work what would it be?

Thank you in advance, you don't have to answer all of those maybe just the one you like the best ;) !!

ANR

The common things I hear from her of chief complaint from the point of view of the owner are: abnormal bowel moments (diarrhea or constipation), vomit, or just "acting weird"

Calming down owners, it depends on why. For euthanasia or critical care scenarios, her hospital and other good hospitals usually have a quiet room. An exam room with a couch and more intimate feel. Also, being able to explain to the client in lay mans terms the diagnosis and prognosis.

I think the biggest thing every vet wishes they could change is the clients respecting a) their status as a doctor. Not "well my breeder told me..." Or "well Google said..." And b) the importance of following the Dr's recommendations. A lot of times she'll work up a very extensive (and expensive ) treatment plan, which is absolutely necessary to diagnose and treat the pet, only to have the owner give them a "meh" and pick the cheapest diagnostic test and leave.

#nowhere

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jan 29, 2016
Germany

Hi ANR,

I definitely did. Streamlined process to get a MVP, minimum viable product, out to the world.
What I liked most about it was that it was covering the development of physical products.

The book could also be useful if you ever had to invent a new product (addition to product line, finding a need...)

Hope this helps. If any question remains just hit me up.

ANR

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 4, 2015
Calming down owners, it depends on why. For euthanasia or critical care scenarios, her hospital and other good hospitals usually have a quiet room. An exam room with a couch and more intimate feel. Also, being able to explain to the client in lay mans terms the diagnosis and prognosis.

They have some good stuff in children's hospitals to translate the 'scary treatment' terms into less scary sounding stuff. I wonder if the same think is needed to make it less complicated.

I have noticed too that people view their breeders with an odd reverence like they are royal! XD

And I reckon that people doctors get the 'well Google said...' All the time too. Everyone's an expert!

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questions! Good luck with whatever you are doing today!

ANR

ANR

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Apr 4, 2015
Hi ANR,

I definitely did. Streamlined process to get a MVP, minimum viable product, out to the world.
What I liked most about it was that it was covering the development of physical products.

The book could also be useful if you ever had to invent a new product (addition to product line, finding a need...)

Hope this helps. If any question remains just hit me up.

Added to the list! :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.