The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great Idea for business...no start up cash...credit is not good...Help

Idea threads

Starsrhonda9

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 27, 2012
I have a great idea for a start up business that is unique to the wedding industry - just need a little cash to help move it along. Lost my job - credit is shot.. am I to just forget the idea or is there someone out there willing to take a chance? Any ideas are appreciated....no spammers or condescending comments please. Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hedgehog757

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
24%
Jan 24, 2012
New York
Maybe you should try introducing yourself and letting everyone know what you are all about before asking for ideas, help or money. People here will help you but it is hard for anyone to help you out when they know nothing about you. Also, type what you are looking for in the search box. Sometimes the questions have already been asked and answered on this forum and you just need to find them.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
The old fashioned way: get another job and save up your money till you get what you need.

Nobody will invest in you if you are unemployed and your credit sucks. That's just the truth, man.

I wish you luck.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Lost my job

Your employer took a chance on ya ... did it work out for them?

credit is shot..

Your creditors took a chance on ya... did it work out for them?

someone out there willing to take a chance?

Probably not.

Investors invest in future value, or potential ROI - you have indicated a big downside risk, not upside value.

Perhaps Kickstarter.com could help get you some $ if you can create a compelling offer, and the $ required is minimal.

Any ideas are appreciated

Sweat equity. Hard work. Sweat education. Create a minimum viable product. Find customers. Prove the concept. Test the waters. Create something that other investors/ppl can look at and say "I LOVE WHAT YOU'VE DONE - I want to take a chance on this guy!"

.no spammers

You don't have anything to worry about here.

no condescending comments please.

Sorry, but if you're expecting a "rah-rah, you can do it!" crowd here, you're at the wrong place.

Critical thinking followed but constructive criticism may be tough to swallow, but so is the business world. Some aren't cracked up for the world of entrepreneurship and are better suited to an environment of jobs and paychecks, and frankly, the *idea* crowd (I have this great idea but no money, no credit, and no track record of execution) is something that is akin to rifle us up...

Welcome to the forum.

:tiphat:

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Last edited by a moderator:

Starsrhonda9

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 27, 2012
I did expect that this was a place to get a rah rah you can do it. Since I did not introduce myself or give more information - I should have expected all the negative you had to offer.
He qu
First - yes it did work for my employer - 10 years and I built him a $700k house - he quit on me not the other way around.
Second - I did not quit on the creditors - I paid my portion of the divorce bills but he didnt and in Texas - what is yours is mine includes the debt regardless of how it came to be.

I wasn't asking anyone here for money - just thought this was the kind of place to bounce ideas but apparently among the other things I did wrong - was to assume that was this was for. Sorry I wasted your time and space. Rah Rah

rocksolid

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Nov 17, 2008
New York
Stars, don't have a bad attitude. Nobody is going to help you that way. Look......you have a great idea. How do you know it's a great idea? The best way to find out if it's a great idea is to get a customer. Sell your idea and see if anybody else thinks it's a great idea. Get money to finance your idea might be tough. How about borrowing it from family or friends. This is a risky move because you don't want to burn any bridges. First sell your idea to a few businesses and see if they like it.

SeanKelly

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 8, 2012
OK, so say I'm ready. I have a great idea. Now what?
I think having a great idea is vastly overrated. I know it sounds kind of crazy and counterintuitive. I don't think it matters what the idea is almost. You need great execution. A lot of people say they've got this great idea, and "if only I had the capital" they'd go out and do it. Usually this is a fantasy. It's just an excuse for not confronting their fear of failing.

- Felix Dennis

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You are ON FIRE today! Rejuvenated from the vacay?

Sorry bro, just tired of dreamers who are looking for easy fixes to complex processes.

just thought this was the kind of place to bounce ideas but apparently among the other things I did wrong - was to assume that was this was for.

You got multiple ideas on how to proceed ... are you gonna use it? Or are you just gonna focus on what you DIDN'T GET? (Here's a check for $25K - make it happen! Rah Rah!)

I did expect that this was a place to get a rah rah you can do it.

Did? Or did not?

I should have expected all the negative you had to offer.

We're asking YOU what YOU have to offer. If you have nothing to offer other than an idea, I'm afraid you won't like our answers.

Sorry I wasted your time and space.

Apparently so. Come back and tell us what you think of Kickstarter, or what specific actions it will take to make your idea minimally viable.

Likely then, you'll be taken seriously. Better questions will get better answers, and perhaps, even some "rah rah!"

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Ideas are a dime a dozen. I have at least 20 good ideas rignt now. Im acting on the one I feel will benefit me the most at this stage in my life. When I have a good half million in the bank I will revisit my idea journal and start another venture.

I have a question... Are you doing this because you love business, entrepreneurship, and freedom or are you doing it because you are unemployeed and want to make millions without trying?

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Welcome to the forum.

just need a little cash to help move it along.

How much cash is needed?

How is it going to be used?

How much will you charge for the service/product?

How will it be marketed? (i.e. where will you find your customers?)

XavierYZ

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jan 23, 2012
Somewhere in Ontario
SeanKelly said:
OK, so say I'm ready. I have a great idea. Now what?
I think having a great idea is vastly overrated. I know it sounds kind of crazy and counterintuitive. I don't think it matters what the idea is almost. You need great execution. A lot of people say they've got this great idea, and "if only I had the capital" they'd go out and do it. Usually this is a fantasy. It's just an excuse for not confronting their fear of failing.

- Felix Dennis

Great quote. Perhaps OP should read up on Felix who was broke and near homeless and became the riches man in Britain (self proclaimed?)

mrsilva

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Oct 25, 2012
"Ideas are Cheap. It's All About Execution"

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts