The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great food deals and specials near you!

CoolBeans

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
May 14, 2017
South Africa
Hey

After reading TMF , I tried to become more aware of the problems and opportunities that may occur in my everyday life, so I could use it as my "open road".
I stumbled on a potential business idea when talking to a friend, they expressed to me their discontent on missing out on the latest special at their favourite restaurant.
This was when I came up with the idea of an app that alerts you of food deals from restaurants and take away places in your area.

I'm a genius I thought until I found out that there was already an app like that in my country on the app store (recently it's no longer there).
The app had 10k downloads and seemed to have only advertised deals in only one location in the country, creating a massive void for the rest of the country.

This app was well received looking at its reviews but it later disappeared on the store. I suspect because of its business model (there was no business model) it wasn't able to sustain itself and scale the app throughout the country.

So after some thinking i decided the best business model for this app would be if I charge restaurants and franchises a monthly payment to put their food deals & specials on the app, while aslo making the app free on the store.
The money would be used to sustain the app and increases it's users through advertising etc so we can attract more resturants and franchises.
More users = more resturants advertising

This idea I believe fills the CENTS commandments, I will have control of the app, it's easy to scale, doesn't take my time if it's executed properly and there is a need for it in my country. Only problem is that I don't know if resturants, fast food franchises and take away places will actually pay monthly for it since it mostly solves a need for the user than the restaurant owners.
But then again being able to advertise their deals to a larger audience may mean more customers for them...

Please tell me what you guys think?

-NK

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds like a "BookBub" for restaurants. Might want to check out that service...

This idea I believe fills the CENTS commandments, I will have control of the app, it's easy to scale, doesn't take my time if it's executed properly and there is a need for it in my country.

It's a good idea worth looking into, but if you're thinking it will be "easy" to scale and that it will be immediate passive income, you're deluding yourself.

CoolBeans

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
May 14, 2017
South Africa
Sounds like a "BookBub" for restaurants. Might want to check out that service...

It's a good idea worth looking into, but if you're thinking it will be "easy" to scale and that it will be immediate passive income, you're deluding yourself.

Thank you for the feedback MJ, I really appreciate it.
Your right I am making it sound easy on paper but the execution and process is going to be a lot harder than I think it will be, especially since I don't have any idea on how to make an app, etc

I'll look into what BookBub are doing and what I can take away from their model. For now I am going to first try gain an audience that can lead to potential future users for this app. So I'm going to make a social media account, focused on advertising food deals & specials and try gain a good following. This in itself will be a difficult process, but like I said in my intro, I'm going all in.
I'll update you guys on how it goes, might be an execution/progres thread somewhere in the near future.

-NK

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.