The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Great Article on Stress MGMT for Entrepreneurs

Anything related to matters of the mind

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
A great thing for everyone to be aware of. Anxiety is one of those insidious things you don't even realize you're suffering from until you hit rock bottom. Being aware of it is half the battle. I went to the doctor with heart palpitations before identifying anxiety triggers. Definitely never saw myself as an anxious person and always attached a stigma to it but it can be debilitating if you let it run up.

struka

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 22, 2018
TN
A great thing for everyone to be aware of. Anxiety is one of those insidious things you don't even realize you're suffering from until you hit rock bottom. Being aware of it is half the battle. I went to the doctor with heart palpitations before identifying anxiety triggers. Definitely never saw myself as an anxious person and always attached a stigma to it but it can be debilitating if you let it run up.
Out of curiosity, how were they able to identify your anxiety triggers?

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
Out of curiosity, how were they able to identify your anxiety triggers?

To start, ruled out physical factors and got sleep more or less regulated. Talked with family doctor about stressors, turned out the main factor was my infant son's recent health issues. Developed some tools with a psychologist to deal with that sort of panic and it's helped hugely. In the end, was a simple solution to what felt like the world was ending.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
The guy in the article was staying up until 3am partying after working all day. A mix of alcohol, caffeine, and lack of sleep. It's not hard to see why he eventually collapsed.

I agree with most of what's in the article, but disagree on hitting the snooze button. Get enough sleep. Take care of your body. Monitor what you're putting into it. And then start managing the stress.

When I sleep less, I'm crankier, drink more coffee, and in turn am more anxious. Limiting coffee, alcohol, or anything that messes with your brain is the easiest way to have more piece of mind.

Also one of the biggest stress relievers: working out. Didn't see that mentioned in the article. There's something about lifting hundreds of pounds of weight, or punching a 5'6" tall Muay Thai trainer as hard as you can that makes you stop caring completely about whether or not that a**hole prospect is going to give you business.

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
The guy in the article was staying up until 3am partying after working all day. A mix of alcohol, caffeine, and lack of sleep. It's not hard to see why he eventually collapsed.

Sometimes the simplest advice is the best: stop broing out. It's wild when people discover out that "hey, I'm a machine and maybe I should stop causing myself to break down". Starting to engage in basic care of yourself can increase your productivity and mental focus immensely.

D

Deleted50669

I agree with most of what's in the article, but disagree on hitting the snooze button. Get enough sleep. Take care of your body. Monitor what you're putting into it. And then start managing the stress.

When I sleep less, I'm crankier, drink more coffee, and in turn am more anxious. Limiting coffee, alcohol, or anything that messes with your brain is the easiest way to have more piece of mind.

Also one of the biggest stress relievers: working out. Didn't see that mentioned in the article. There's something about lifting hundreds of pounds of weight, or punching a 5'6" tall Muay Thai trainer as hard as you can that makes you stop caring completely about whether or not that a**hole prospect is going to give you business.
All good points. My intent was just to give people a baseline to refer to. I tried the breathing exercise they describe and it actually helped a bit. But I agree; going to town on a heavy bag is unrivaled.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Patrick Jones

growing
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Dec 9, 2018
Berlin
3. Structure your day

That's what I developed Satistime for :smile2:

Over the past two years I worked a lot on developing a routine and figuring out what works for me. Structured days and excercise being very important parts of it. But there is only so far you can go by yourself. Which makes this the biggest ongoing challenge for me:

12. Talk to someone.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.