The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Graphic designer - How do I get my first business client (B2B)?

Marketing, social media, advertising

hhaider

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Dec 23, 2020
I am tired of working for friends and small project. They ask so much and the awards are not that good. I have graphic design skills and I want to get my first business client.

What steps should I take to get my first B2B client with 1000,- budget?

How much should I charge an hour as an graphic designer to build up my portfolio.

Your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks fam.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
never charge hourly. you must charge for the result, not the input. if i want a flyer designed, idgaf if it takes 100 hours or 10 seconds (input); i just want a flyer that will help me get more sales (output).

what value do you provide being a graphic designer? i can easily use Canva for any of my graphic design needs. cheap and takes 5 minutes.

if i were you i would quit it all together tbh. if i had to do graphic design though, i would start networking a lot more and leverage my personal network first. do good for a friend who has a business and he will refer you.

the tough part is, anyone who needs a design will do one of these 4 things:

1. they will use canva - nothing you can do
2. search up "graphic designers near me" - you can try google ads for that
3. if they know a graphic designer they will ask them - try networking
4. hire a $2/hr freelancer - no point of competing since these people will automatically go for the cheapest option

Beijing

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Mar 8, 2017
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
I have several graphic designers who work for me doing product development tasks. Several have earned over $1000 working for me. The work I need to have done always involves either a certain amount of drawing or repetitive tasks that require a few decisions here and there, and therefore can't be done with an automated process.

They got that work by having:

• Really good skills - I hire graphic design freelancers based on their effectiveness during a one-hour unpaid skills test.
  • Having experience/knowledge in my specific niche.
  • Being lucky enough to look at the job board where I posted my ad during the month that my ad was up.
There's no magic here. Being a freelancer involves self-marketing and always being on the hunt for the next job. If you want to escape that type of hustle, consider applying your graphic design skills to creating a product that you can base a scalable business around.

If you can't think of anything else, then start working on ideas for board games that gamify school subjects that are normally boring to learn about. Creating a board game for B2B sales is a simple matter of combining graphic design with established game mechanisms already refined by popular games.

Or if you don't want to do that, then create a product for people who are creating board games that includes a huge collection of icons and other graphical elements that they can utilize to design the visuals of their game. Charge $5 a month for access to the resources or if you don't want to chase MRR, then just sell an all-in-one download of the visual board game elements you've created for $25 a pop.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.