The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Graphic Design In Demand Skill Set

el_hombre123

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jan 4, 2016
Hey Forum,

Quick question to those of you who own a company.

What are the three tasks that you need graphic designers to do for you?? Are there even three tasks? Is it jus t web design/ logo design/ ad design?

With such a broad array of services offered by personnel in this field. I want to maybe catch a glimpse into what it is the market actually wants.

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

oldkevx

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
613%
Nov 27, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Hey Forum,

Quick question to those of you who own a company.

What are the three tasks that you need graphic designers to do for you?? Are there even three tasks? Is it jus t web design/ logo design/ ad design?

With such a broad array of services offered by personnel in this field. I want to maybe catch a glimpse into what it is the market actually wants.

Thanks.
UpWork and 99Designs have reduced design to a true commodity. With that said, really good designers are rare. I've owned three marketing companies and hired 10+ designers. The best:

1. Have an analytical side to them. They question the assignment and if whoever is giving them direction is approaching it the right way. An order taker is worthless
  2. They deliver on time every time
  3. Understand how to read and interpret a creative brief
  4. Are curious and not complacent
  5. Don't take criticism personally
I've had two of these diamonds and together we won over 50 national design awards in our industry.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nicoknowsbest

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
396%
Mar 31, 2014
Austria
The rest of design has a horrible supply:demand ratio.

Agreed, but...

really good designers are rare

...so you could balance the supply/demand ration in your favor.

Behind every great designer is a water-proof process, a way of approaching things. If you are good, it doesn't matter if you are designing logos or UX - if your process is right, you are good at both.

In my experience:

Depends on the context.

And it depends on where you are at on your journey (freelancer, contractor, agency owner...).

Who is your target market?

What do they struggle with most?

While you might be one of thousands on Fiverr (or any other platform for that matter), you might be the "go-to-guy" in your neighborhood.

Because you are a real person close by.

I want to maybe catch a glimpse into what it is the market actually wants.

Why not go out and ask the market?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.