This past week I graduated college with a degree in applied math and computer science. I'm 23 years old. Now that my formal education is done with I plan on focusing on entrepreneurship. I can already FEEL the FIRE inside of me from being pushed out into the real world. I had been working on a business in college
(https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/smartmoneys-beginnings.49515/), but I didn't have the same urge make my business succeed while still in school.
In a few weeks, I'm working as a software engineer at a startup, but I'm basically taking the job to be the founder's apprentice and LEARN nonstop. Projecting my budget in advance, I expect to have a 40-50% savings rate. That will help me build capital.
Currently, I'm working with a team of four others on my own web application. What MJ said about monogamy vs. polygamy is a challenge for me. I keep coming up with new ideas I want to pursue in my head.
I'm all ears for any advice to a fresh college grad and aspiring entrepreneur. This forum is GREAT and and I look forward to soaking up learning going forward.
(https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/smartmoneys-beginnings.49515/), but I didn't have the same urge make my business succeed while still in school.
In a few weeks, I'm working as a software engineer at a startup, but I'm basically taking the job to be the founder's apprentice and LEARN nonstop. Projecting my budget in advance, I expect to have a 40-50% savings rate. That will help me build capital.
Currently, I'm working with a team of four others on my own web application. What MJ said about monogamy vs. polygamy is a challenge for me. I keep coming up with new ideas I want to pursue in my head.
I'm all ears for any advice to a fresh college grad and aspiring entrepreneur. This forum is GREAT and and I look forward to soaking up learning going forward.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited by a moderator:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
