The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Grüß Gott! (Greetings [Bavarian style])

MaximilianT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 25, 2021
Italy
Hello to each and every one of you. To borrow a phrase from one of my classmates, I'm looking forward to discovering how I can be a blessing to you.
Great idea. I'm from northern Italy, german mother tongue. What is your background? How did you discover the Millionaire Fastlane and what are your goals for the future?

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
About me:

I retired from the military seven years ago. I began working part-time as a defense contractor shortly after that and am blessed with a fantastic team. I split the rest of my time between my family and building businesses.

The following are a couple random thoughts I had as I considered ideas worth bringing up in the forum.

One bit of wisdom one of my instructors gave me upon starting the military career was something to the effect "You'll never get rich doing [whatever the name of the specialty into which you were being accessed]." It was probably more correct to say "Working for the government will ensure you will not achieve phenomenal wealth." The profession of arms in particular is all-consuming; it must be so, as the price of failure is measured in lives more than dollars. No matter how much work one puts into one's job, at the end of the month it's worth the same dollar amount to the government that it was worth the month prior.

Completing a career in government is less a matter of locking oneself into the metaphorical slow lane than it is a guarantee of avoiding the sidewalk. It does make the prospect of failing at entrepreneurship less daunting. We know there will be a (small) paycheck coming the following month.

Those were definitely random thoughts. I'm looking forward to interacting with everyone.

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
Great idea. I'm from northern Italy, german mother tongue. What is your background? How did you discover the Millionaire Fastlane and what are your goals for the future?
Dear @MaximilianT,

Are you from Südtirol? My mother-in-law is from East Tyrol.

I just posted a reply above with my background: Retired U.S. military. My wife is an attorney in Germany. We're usually over here but spend as much time in the U.S. as possible.

[Proud Dad moment follows:] My son was expanding his reading from Rich Dad, Poor Dad and Good Debt, Bad Debt and found a YouTuber (I forgot whom) who recommended The Millionaire Fastlane . He asked my wife to purchase it for him. After I'd finished the book I'd been reading I picked up TMF to be able to discuss it with him.

My goals for the future? My primary goal is to raise children of good character so when it's time for them to choose a road they choose one that best suits them. Beyond that I'm trying to get from "Limited freedom" to "Maximum freedom," which I will define as the ability to travel as necessary to support the kids as they get their start in the world. I have another few years before that occurs.

Thank you for your reply to my post!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MaximilianT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 25, 2021
Italy
Dear @MaximilianT,

Are you from Südtirol? My mother-in-law is from East Tyrol.

I just posted a reply above with my background: Retired U.S. military. My wife is an attorney in Germany. We're usually over here but spend as much time in the U.S. as possible.

[Proud Dad moment follows:] My son was expanding his reading from Rich Dad, Poor Dad and Good Debt, Bad Debt and found a YouTuber (I forgot whom) who recommended The Millionaire Fastlane . He asked my wife to purchase it for him. After I'd finished the book I'd been reading I picked up TMF to be able to discuss it with him.

My goals for the future? My primary goal is to raise children of good character so when it's time for them to choose a road they choose one that best suits them. Beyond that I'm trying to get from "Limited freedom" to "Maximum freedom," which I will define as the ability to travel as necessary to support the kids as they get their start in the world. I have another few years before that occurs.

Thank you for your reply to my post!
Yes, I am from Südtirol. Love Austria and Bavaria in particular. I have a apartment in Munich and visit my cousins which are living there regularly. Are you trying to get from limited freedom to maximum freedom by building a fastlane?

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
Yes, I am from Südtirol. Love Austria and Bavaria in particular. I have a apartment in Munich and visit my cousins which are living there regularly. Are you trying to get from limited freedom to maximum freedom by building a fastlane?
I'm in Waldtrudering until mid-July and will be back around the second week of October. If you can let me know beforehand that you'll be in town at the same time I am, the first "Cold frosty beverage" is on me.

I am in the middle lane with my left-hand signal on, trying to move over into the fast lane.

Yourself?

MaximilianT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 25, 2021
Italy
I'm in Waldtrudering until mid-July and will be back around the second week of October. If you can let me know beforehand that you'll be in town at the same time I am, the first "Cold frosty beverage" is on me.

I am in the middle lane with my left-hand signal on, trying to move over into the fast lane.

Yourself?

I'll let you know when I am in the city again, would be happy to meet fellow fastlaners in real life again.
I am currently building a analytics software competitor to Google Analytics.

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
I'll let you know when I am in the city again, would be happy to meet fellow fastlaners in real life again.
I am currently building a analytics software competitor to Google Analytics.
If Google keeps running afoul of GDPR, that will certainly represent a market entry for you. How far along are you?

sergermane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 20, 2017
Canada / Germany
Servus @sergermane!

I'm originally from Saint Louis, Missouri.

Where are you when you're in Germany? Where are you when you're in Canada?

I have fond memories of a few weekends in Winnipeg.

Grew up in Kingston and west coast out in Canadiaaa, but now I'm in Frankfurt. Love Bavaria man, would rather live out there than in Hessen tbh.
Never been to Missouri, it's on the list

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
Grew up in Kingston and west coast out in Canadiaaa, but now I'm in Frankfurt. Love Bavaria man, would rather live out there than in Hessen tbh.
Never been to Missouri, it's on the list
I used to live in Friedberg, just up the A5 from you. To this day that is the only place I've ever worked in which my name was on the building.

Missouri had such a high influx of Germans in the 1800s that the Missouri River from Jefferson City to just west of Saint Louis is colloquially known as the "Little Rhineland." Hermann, MO in particular has a very German character to it with a considerable number of wineries, if you're into that sort of thing.

I personally found it odd to refer to that section of the state along the Missouri River as "Rhineland" since so much wine in Germany comes from the Mosul or the Main river valleys. It's probably just the Rhine's stark association with Germany.

In more Missouri-related alcohol news: Budweiser claims to be "Real Bavarian beer" but wouldn't pass Bavaria's actual beer laws. . . leaving aside that the recipe apparently comes from an area in what is now the Czech Republic.

sergermane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 20, 2017
Canada / Germany
I used to live in Friedberg, just up the A5 from you. To this day that is the only place I've ever worked in which my name was on the building.

Missouri had such a high influx of Germans in the 1800s that the Missouri River from Jefferson City to just west of Saint Louis is colloquially known as the "Little Rhineland." Hermann, MO in particular has a very German character to it with a considerable number of wineries, if you're into that sort of thing.

I personally found it odd to refer to that section of the state along the Missouri River as "Rhineland" since so much wine in Germany comes from the Mosul or the Main river valleys. It's probably just the Rhine's stark association with Germany.

In more Missouri-related alcohol news: Budweiser claims to be "Real Bavarian beer" but wouldn't pass Bavaria's actual beer laws. . . leaving aside that the recipe apparently comes from an area in what is now the Czech Republic.
Oh dam thats funny I love going out to all the wineries on the Rhein. Ive had a few buddies visit out from Canada and we hit a vineyard there like the Kloster Eberbach monastery (where the Sean Connery flick was shot), try the wines and the Rhein river ain't too shabs either. Gotta visit Little Rhineland for sure

Dont you get tired of your friends and fam from back home, asking you how "crazy" and "amazing" is it to drive on autobahn, when you already take it for granted and answer like "meh" lol

SpinnerRedPenny

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jun 20, 2023
USA or Europe
Dont you get tired of your friends and fam from back home, asking you how "crazy" and "amazing" is it to drive on autobahn, when you already take it for granted and answer like "meh" lol
Heh! That was funny years ago, but most of them have been over here now and understand it's Germany's interstate highway system equivalent.

I'm more often frustrated at the slowness of it nowadays. When I was over here the first couple times Germany was still in recession and there weren't so many LKWs on the road. If I have to slow down for one more "Elephant race. . . ." Grr!

sergermane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jun 20, 2017
Canada / Germany
Heh! That was funny years ago, but most of them have been over here now and understand it's Germany's interstate highway system equivalent.

I'm more often frustrated at the slowness of it nowadays. When I was over here the first couple times Germany was still in recession and there weren't so many LKWs on the road. If I have to slow down for one more "Elephant race. . . ." Grr!
Haha what an analogy (elephant race). Yea definitely, I tell my buddies back home the speed limit here is simply the car in front of you.
Best of luck on the forums and on your journey man. Gimme a shout if youre in FFM cheers

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...