The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Government Grants

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
I know that the government will often give monetary grants to new business owners. What is the best way to find, apply and have the best chance of quallifing for such grants?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
Hi there stranger!

Check out hud.org they have info for low income rentals- this could be useful when converting apartment complexes- one comes to mind. :)

Let me know what you find out. See you tonight?

Adam

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Aug 12, 2007
Minneapolis
There are grant writers out there that write grants for organizations that provide to the underserved, community organizations, urban development, education, etc. We are in the process of creating a 501c3 (tax exempt non-profit), for a long term project that we are getting into. Tax exempt non-profits have the ability to apply for a large number of grants that for-profit's can't. Having said that, it's not worth it to create a 501c3 for the sole purpose of trying to obtain grant money, you need to have a very well constructed business model.

Bilgefisher

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 29, 2007
Aurora, Co
I'd like to bring up this old thread to see if anyone else had input. A good friend of mine just got a 150k grant to start her Psychiatry clinic. That certainly perked my interest. That would be enough to get my venture off the ground.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.