The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Got a message for MJ

Anything related to matters of the mind

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I would say 99% of people are in this state. Where their emotional life is just a passive response to their environment. Completely mechanical and unaware.

It's the reason for the schizophrenic split so common in our society where depression and anxiety thrives. And where we place more value on external things rather than our internal dialogue .

I think Tolle is talking about a state where we don't fear death(the future) because it's not rational and almost uneccessary and a state where our body is "untouched" by our past experiences. Sigmund freud talked about this, where he said if we remove the fear of death, all other anxieties either completely disappear or reduce significantly increasing our quality of life.
Anxiety is useful and I don' think it is good to remove all anxiety. I think when people say removing the fear of death will increase ones quality of life is that since you KNOW you are going to die, you won't live for anyone else's pleasure and that you will have the balls to make the "risks" you want in life that YOU want and that you have nothing to lose since we are all dead anyways!

Being anxious if a grizzly bear is next to you is a good thing though. That is one risk I dont want to take. So anxiety has it's place.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
So anxiety has it's place.

Yeah you are right.

And so does anger.

Without it we wouldn't have survived for thousands of years.

Feeling emotions like fear and anger had their purpose and utility.

But if you wanna experience certain transcendent spiritual states they have to be removed.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
thread gets split in 3... 2...

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Yeah you are right.

And so does anger.

Without it we wouldn't have survived for thousands of years.

Feeling emotions like fear and anger had their purpose and utility.

But if you wanna experience certain transcendent spiritual states they have to be removed.
Spirituality IMO is when you control anger and fear rather then have it control you like most people.

If someone tries to ruin my life or hurts my loved ones, you damn well be sure I will be angry. I won't be controlled by my anger, but I will use that anger to solve that problem in my life.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

XxThelionxX

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 26, 2017
Texas
I just would like to know what is the title of the book from where you got that quote?

I hope she/ and or you are still on!

Either way, your introspection idea is nothing short of amazing! There is so much to test/verify. I can't contain myself!

I wouldn't go so much as to quit books though, but I really don't have much clarity. I'm going through so many ideas and not sticking to them. At least that's what society is telling me. I'm just THINKING right now. Like I don't know what to do[emoji6]

I'm there quite often to the point I'm starting pick up on energy (both positive and negative) of other living things. It's a mixed bag of emotions and honestly, can be a little unnerving.

Your right presence grows!

I almost forgot! That book is in Mj's recommended reads!
Books Fastlaners Recommend
What rich people know & desperately want to keep secret!

Classic!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!