The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Google/Yahoo Keyword Tracker

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
In me quest to increase my SEO performance for my sites I came across SERP Finder from http://www.4neurons.com/other/SERPs Finder/. You download the exe file and plug in your site and your keyword and it will tell you where you rank for google, live, or yahoo. It helps me track my progress.

I make no claims to the cleanliness of the file, I can just tell you that I have found nothing wrong with it.

Hope this helps someone

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
digitalpoint- this one I could not figure out how to get it to work. The whole API thing had me stumped.

Analytics- I could be wrong, but from my knowledge, analytics tells you where your traffic is coming from as apposed to telling you where your keywords are ranking on the different search engines.

For example- Amish is a keyword I want to target. Last night I was 483, today 491. So as I work at refining my site to see if I can improve this, I can use this tool rather than looking through each page of google search results.

Very quick and easy, no account to sign up for. So far, this has met and exceeded my expectations.

Definetely worth the price (free)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kurtyordy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
12%
Aug 28, 2007
PA
that looks like a good one, I will check it out. I like the multiple site aspect of it.

prodij

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Feb 26, 2008
LA, California
A good way to explore keywords:
  1. Google "keyword tools" - you will find google's external keyword tool there. The same tool is available within your adwords account. I would highly recommend making a google adwords account and play around with it. After all they have ~80% penetration of the PPC market and maybe more after Yahoo!'s recent announcement of ads network partnership.
  2. seobook.com has a good tool. I am not sure how accurate this is since this was based on Yahoo's keyword estimates. The last Yahoo!'s business owners' convention I went to, the Yahoo's executive team told me that they stopped updating the data in their inventory.overture.com database last year. I think Seobook is using that data to estimate the numbers. This is never the less useful for trend analyzing.
  3. WordTracker.com - sometimes you run out of words within your industy. In this case, you should explore this tool.
  4. Google.com/trends - you can see some trends of the word you are looking for including search volume, seasonality and media coverage on the particular word.
  5. Google Analytics - if you don't have this on your site now. DO IT NOW. you can analyze how your traffic converts from the keywords that led the traffic to your site. You can see a lot more data through their easy to use interface. All you have to do is copy paste a small code in your footer. You can also define a conversion funnel and track the cart abandonment rate. (if it's an ecommerce site)

sulli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 26, 2007
I believe the seobook.com and nichebot.com free keyword tools pull the top 50 keywords and search numbers from Wordtracker. Then they estimate the Google, Yahoo, and MSN daily searches by search engine market share.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.