Do you know how Google Play Payment works?
I have some questions, I've read the monetizing page, but I didn't get some stuff...
(Monetization and Ads - Developer Policy Center)
Developers offering products within another category of app downloaded on Google Play must use Google Play In-app Billing as the method of payment, except for the following cases:
So... if I launch a SaaS product that people can sell physical stuff inside the app, do I have to pay Google anything?
I'm not the one selling the physical stuff, but people are, it works like eBay, there could be companies and common people selling stuff. I'm just charging a subscription/commission for the use of the app. But the money from the sold items goes directly to them, I won't transfer it to them. It would be something like Etsy (Etsy.com | Shop for anything from creative people everywhere).
Do I have to pay Google's billing, that's 30% the first year and 15% the second year?
According to Google they don't charge physical products, but will they charge from me if I'm not the one selling it? It's confusing. Thanks.
If I posted on the wrong board, please, direct-me to the correct place.
I have some questions, I've read the monetizing page, but I didn't get some stuff...
(Monetization and Ads - Developer Policy Center)
Developers offering products within another category of app downloaded on Google Play must use Google Play In-app Billing as the method of payment, except for the following cases:
- Payment is solely for physical products
- Payment is for digital content that may be consumed outside of the app itself (e.g. songs that can be played on other music players)
So... if I launch a SaaS product that people can sell physical stuff inside the app, do I have to pay Google anything?
I'm not the one selling the physical stuff, but people are, it works like eBay, there could be companies and common people selling stuff. I'm just charging a subscription/commission for the use of the app. But the money from the sold items goes directly to them, I won't transfer it to them. It would be something like Etsy (Etsy.com | Shop for anything from creative people everywhere).
Do I have to pay Google's billing, that's 30% the first year and 15% the second year?
According to Google they don't charge physical products, but will they charge from me if I'm not the one selling it? It's confusing. Thanks.
If I posted on the wrong board, please, direct-me to the correct place.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
