The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Golf Tournament Scottsdale

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
For those of you that are interested. Mark your calendars for August 2nd for our 3rd annual "Whack-It" golf tournament.

My wife, Shannon, and I put this event together every year for fun and enjoyment. The majority of the players are from our different softball leagues. The levels of experience ranges from scratch golfers to +30 (big range).

You can bring in a team or we can assign you to one. Handicaps will be applied to help even the playing field.

We are still working out some of the details but the cost will be around $40 per person. All money will be used for the cost of the round and prizes.

We expect to have 10-14 teams in the tournament.

*** It is very HOT here in Arizona at this time of the year. Those of us that play all year long in this weather seem to enjoy basting in the sun. We will be out in the elements for 4-5 hours in the middle of the day. We welcome the crazies that want to do this with us!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Anyone interested? I find it hard to believe that people don't want to come out to Scottsdale during the prime of the summer. :cool:

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
I'm considering it, if I can find the time.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Name has been changed to "2nd Annual Summer Scorcher Scramble Golf Tourney"

COST: $40 per person ($26 for Summer Pass Holders (if you don't know what that is, you don't have one)).

FORMAT:
4-Person Scramble, with 3 drives per player minimum.
Teams will be divided into Two Flights (A and B) based on Team Handicap. The Team Handicap will equal 10% of the combined handicap of all team members. (Caution: any player caught sandbagging will be severely and viciously beaten after the tourney!).

CONTESTS: Two Closest to the Pin holes, Men's Longest Drive, and Women's Longest Drive. Plus, new this year, a few other fun on-course competitions!!

AWARDS: Cash & trophies/medals awarded to: 1st & 2nd
Place in each Flight using Net Scores, Closest to the Pin (2 holes), Men's Longest Drive-Men, and Women's Longest Drive.

SIGN-UP DEADLINE: Monday, July 28th at 5:00 PM.
You may sign up as a team or individually (in which case, I can put you on a team). Please message me to sign up with the following information:
1. Your Name
2. Handicap Index or (if no handicap) your normal score on a Good Day at a par 72 course.
3. Names of your team members (if signing up as a team)
I will provide payment information when you sign up.

SCHEDULE:
Check-In by 11:30 a.m.
Shotgun Start at 12:00 noon
Awards presentation in the clubhouse immediately after the tourney.
Post-Tourney Pool Party at Rob Minnerly's House (more details to come).

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I find it hard to believe that people don't want to come out to Scottsdale during the prime of the summer.

I have a reputation to maintain. And shooting 193 and losing 32 balls isn't exactly protecting the reputation. LOL.

Genium

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 6, 2013
Im definitely interested. Golf is a blast, and can't forget the opportunity to meet new likeminded peeps

Edit: my dad is also an avid golfer and into entreprenuership. If possible, would love for him to join. You mentioned bringing a team. Can I bring my dad and 2 friends?

Last edited:

BUFFALOBT

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 11, 2013
I have a reputation to maintain. And shooting 193 and losing 32 balls isn't exactly protecting the reputation. LOL.
Funny MJ...I bet they would be willing to "cap" your score at 120, in exchange for time spent together on the course!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Funny MJ...I bet they would be willing to "cap" your score at 120, in exchange for time spent together on the course!

Many of the participants already know mj from softball.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
my dad is also an avid golfer and into entreprenuership. If possible, would love for him to join. You mentioned bringing a team. Can I bring my dad and 2 friends?

Absolutely!

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
We are at 38 golfers and growing and only a week and a half away. Any last minute signups?

PSDSH

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 4, 2013
North Texas
I'll take a rain check please! I played yesterday in a foursome with a 115 degree heat index and had a blast. I never tire of that silly game of ball chasing.

Genium

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jan 6, 2013
I unfortunately have to back out :(

Just got a call from my dad today asking me to come on a family camping trip Aug 1-3.

Have fun guys! I love golf and kinda bummed im missing out!

Side note: I have a connection at the Phoenician who gets me and any guests I want on for $20/person. PM me if you'd be interested in going sometime.

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
Any club rentals?
Haven't played in years but always open to blistering heat and a few beers.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.