So irritated. I accidentally let a domain expire that I've had for a few years that I really want to keep. In order to get it back, I've got to pay $110. Apparantly, GoDaddy keeps expired domains in a "redemption period" for 30 days or so, during which time they try to get previous owners to pay a bunch of money to get it back. I think that they will release it to the general public, upon which time I could try to buy it again at the regular price.
Thankfully, I was hosting the actual website somewhere else, but it sucks because I can't be sure I'll get the domain back.
Lesson #1 learned for me (and all of you): host with a place that doesn't hold domains hostage and extort money from you. I would pay extra, just not 10 times the amount. No way. It's just the principle.
Lesson #2: Renew your domains! If this were a money making site for me (it's not, which is why I won't pay the $110), I would have to pay it.
Lesson #3: Read the fine print. Know who you are doing business with before you do it... If I had known this, I could've registered my domain with someone else to begin with.
Thankfully, I was hosting the actual website somewhere else, but it sucks because I can't be sure I'll get the domain back.
Lesson #1 learned for me (and all of you): host with a place that doesn't hold domains hostage and extort money from you. I would pay extra, just not 10 times the amount. No way. It's just the principle.
Lesson #2: Renew your domains! If this were a money making site for me (it's not, which is why I won't pay the $110), I would have to pay it.
Lesson #3: Read the fine print. Know who you are doing business with before you do it... If I had known this, I could've registered my domain with someone else to begin with.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
