The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

GoalSumo.com Shoutout

Anything related to matters of the mind

runnaboi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Nov 25, 2020
Australia
Hello all,

It's been a while since my last update, I have been head down tail up working on an exciting project but will share more on that when I can.

In the meantime, I wanted to give a shout out to GoalSumo.com. For years I have used Goals Wizard, and still think it is a great product. But after playing around with GoalSumo.com for a bit, I am moving everything over to it. I love its interface, the idea around a power task and time frame silos. One thing I will miss from Goals Wizard is the app, so looking forward to the Goalsumo app when it comes out.

Also I hope more videos are shared on the Goalsumo YouTube channel, both those videos are great for getting an overview on how it works.

I have always loved the idea of spending a lot of time up front working on goals, and figuring out what I need to do to achieve them. Once that is in a system (ie Goalsumo), I don't need to think about what I should be doing when I wake up every morning. Rather than having a big goal stuck in my head, its kinda comforting knowing that all I need to do is what's on my list, and that will take me towards my goals. As part of those daily tasks I have one every few months that is a brief relook at the goals and tasks and how things are going and adjust as necessary.

I hope this helps someone, especially seeing how most people work on plans at the start of a new year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks for the shout-out and plug !!!

For those of you who checked out GoalSumo.com several months ago, it has massively been revamped, specifically the goal-mapping process. I invite you to check it out again.

Early reviews on the revamp have been great... case in point, this post which came to a nice surprise this afternoon!

GoalSumo.com is based on long-standing goal achievement practices that have stood the test of time.

A great article based on the profound effectiveness of concept was recently highlighted on Morning Brew, this entire article basically sums up GoalSumo. Such concepts have stood the test of time, and work. They aren't some trendy thing that is hot now, but cold later.

dream_big_plan_small.png

why_goalsumo.png

Last edited:

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

For those of you who checked out GoalSumo several months ago, it has massively been revamped, specifically the goal-mapping process. I invite you to check it out again.

Early reviews on the revamp have been great... case in point, this post which came to a nice surprise this afternoon!
I will start using it. It looks very nice. I will need it in 2024 for sure.

SnowLava

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jul 7, 2023
India

For those of you who checked out GoalSumo several months ago, it has massively been revamped, specifically the goal-mapping process. I invite you to check it out again.

I don't know if it has been asked but any reason for naming it goal sumo?

flyingguitarist

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 27, 2021
Screenshot_2023-12-30-09-00-28-165_com.kiwibrowser.browser.jpgHey MJ I tried both on my Phone and Laptop to subscribe but I'm finding this page

Bence Ur

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 24, 2023
I don't know if it has been asked but any reason for naming it goal sumo?
Because tackling your goals is like sumo (the wrestling sport). The software uses the sumo analogy inside (sumo-related graphics and points).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
View attachment 53238Hey MJ I tried both on my Phone and Laptop to subscribe but I'm finding this page

We've accepted subscriptions in the last 24 hours.

I believe your issue might be related to our service accepting subscriptions from India.

We're investigating this now and made it a high priority issue.

flyingguitarist

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Dec 27, 2021
I have decided to go with the Old school Pen and Paper method for this year,+ Mj's 1510 year to-do Planasy is sufficient for me . I have been too dependent on apps and software in the past which led to getting distracted and confusied with fancy features, therefore instead of the system working and helping me, Its me who was working and maintaining the system

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have decided to go with the Old school Pen and Paper method for this year,+ Mj's 1510 year to-do Planasy is sufficient for me . I have been too dependent on apps and software in the past which led to getting distracted and confusied with fancy features, therefore instead of the system working and helping me, Its me who was working and maintaining the system

The problem should be fixed so you can subscribe now.

As for going back to pen/paper, I used pen/paper for decades. I specifically devised this system for myself to replace the pen/paper. It had to be right for me to make this transition. (I too had issues with online systems).

However, I can tell you that the habit function alone has probably put a few extra years on my life. One thing that I sacrificed using my paper system, was my most important habits were lost in the weeds, and did not get completed. I have 4 health habits set in this system, and it has kept me on track for the first time in years.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Would subscribe again ... but I can't tell if it is possible to start from a clean slate with the new system. Having messed up the goal chain is why I quit and I wasn't able to start fresh.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Would subscribe again ... but I can't tell if it is possible to start from a clean slate with the new system. Having messed up the goal chain is why I quit and I wasn't able to start fresh.

Your account has been reset for a new trial and the slate wiped clean.

Dean Irwin

The GoalSumo Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Jan 1, 2021
Sandy Springs, GA
Happy to have you back! Let us know your feedback!

We're always open to an email as well: support ---at--- goalsumo.com

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Your account has been reset for a new trial and the slate wiped clean.
Thank you very much. I suppose the goals can only be deleted "soft"? When I create a new Habit, I can still select the old goals. Not a problem, just thought I'd mention it in case a filter is missing.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thank you very much. I suppose the goals can only be deleted "soft"? When I create a new Habit, I can still select the old goals. Not a problem, just thought I'd mention it in case a filter is missing.

This should be resolved.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.