The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Goal = Become smarter and less dumber

Xirtam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 25, 2018
Seattle, WA
Hello,

I was born and raised in Puerto Rico and my first language is Spanish. My financial education growing up was to save money and find a job that will provide a decent retirement - funny right?!? I have a couple of University degrees and I also served in the US Navy. I am grateful for my education and although I am no longer in the military, I would join again if I could go back in time and have the option of joining the service again. That being said, all of this "education" and military experience did not give me the tools and know-how on becoming financially free. This is where my thread title comes in: Goal = Become smarter and less dumber (incorrect word used on purpose :). I realize that not only do I need to learn new ideas and connect with people that are like-minded (become smarter), but that I also need to remove that bad habits and "systems" to create wealth that, as most of you know, just simply do not work (becoming less dumber). I currently have a great job with great benefits (including retirement), and pay, however, deep inside of me, I just do not want to be an employee anymore - I want to have the freedom to do what I want when I want to do so. So, what am I doing to not be an employee anymore? Well, I am doing my darndest to read 1-2 books a month on people that have accomplished what I want to accomplish and this is how I came across MJ's books and thus, this forum. I have also stopped contributing to 401k and IRA and instead, the money is being saved for the purpose of investing it in a business that will pay me for life. Anyways, I am happy to be here, learning from you guys and gals that are ahead of me. My main challenge will be to put into practice what I have learned and will be learning from you! I am a newbie and I know that I don't have much experience, but I am excited to help others in any capacity that I can.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

F Wings

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Oct 27, 2018
Finland
My main challenge will be to put into practice what I have learned and will be learning from you! I am a newbie and I know that I don't have much experience, but I am excited to help others in any capacity that I can.
Hey! I'm new here as well and I can relate. I'm new to real entrepreneurship. I say "real" because while I've sold things before, I haven't really been a problem solver. So, I want to contribute any way I can but I realize it's hard without much experience under my belt. Anyways, good to have you here my fellow fast lane noobie and looking forward to seeing you realize your goals.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Thanks for sharing, welcome to the forum. Given the state of PR, there's probably some opportunities to make a difference, no?

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
welcome,

stay hungry, stay foolish ;)

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Welcome to the forum !

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Hola, do you have any fastlane ideas?

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 3, 2018
How one gets smarter:
images

+

upload_2018-11-4_23-22-10.jpeg

+

Interesting-Bruce-Lee-Quotes-About-Knowing-Is-Not-Enough.jpg

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend and thanks for the service.

Any ideas on your radar?

I have also stopped contributing to 401k and IRA and instead, the money is being saved for the purpose of investing it in a business that will pay me for life. Anyways, I am happy to be here, learning from you guys and gals that are ahead of me. My main challenge will be to put into practice what I have learned and will be learning from you! I am a newbie and I know that I don't have much experience, but I am excited to help others in any capacity that I can.

Is a company contributing to your 401(k)? If there is free money to be had, I'd take it.

Xirtam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 25, 2018
Seattle, WA
Thanks for sharing, welcome to the forum. Given the state of PR, there's probably some opportunities to make a difference, no?
For sure. I would absolutely love to help my Island. I often spend time thinking of how I could influence the politics both in the mainland and PR and how I could help the economy, but first I need to become a successful FL!

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
For sure. I would absolutely love to help my Island. I often spend time thinking of how I could influence the politics both in the mainland and PR and how I could help the economy, but first I need to become a successful FL!

I wasn't clear. I meant that since so much needs rebuilding, there are plenty of business opportunities.

Xirtam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 25, 2018
Seattle, WA
Welcome my friend and thanks for the service.

Any ideas on your radar?

Is a company contributing to your 401(k)? If there is free money to be had, I'd take it.
MJ thank you for welcoming me here. In regards to ideas, I really love Real Estate and I am working towards purchasing an apt building. Currently, I am saving as much as I can in order to have a decent down payment. The goal would be to acquire an apt building that would produce positive cash flow, increase that cash flow, and sell for a profit so that I can buy a larger building with more units. The end goal would be to have multiple apt buildings with enough units that would produce a (mostly) passive income.
In regards to my 401k, my company does not match, however, thank you for checking since, as you stated, free money should be taken.
I am thrilled to be here as I look forward to have my beliefs challenged and to receive the motivation that I need to get my a** moving.

Xirtam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jul 25, 2018
Seattle, WA
I wasn't clear. I meant that since so much needs rebuilding, there are plenty of business opportunities.
I know what you meant ;) I just know that there are so many political issues that, as a result, affect the economy, and therefore directly affect businesses. So, that is why I would like to influence positive changes in these areas so PR can become a great place for people to invest and thus, prosper.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...