The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Give it away!!

Marketing, social media, advertising

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
Lately I have been seeing a couple of threads with the original posters wondering why their product is not selling.

Then I see their website and the advertisements of the products do not look similar to this...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hiddles-street-clothes-15oct15-17.jpg

Dressed To Seduce - Buy The Shirt Now <--- This would contain a hyperlink to the landing page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But simply this:

Mens-Wrinkle-free-Navy-Dress-Shirt-P13527805.jpg

Wrinkle-free dress shirt - $14.99

I'm not going to buy a product that I can't see myself succeeding with or at least using. And I definitely see myself succeeding with and using the shirt in the former advertisement.

So, for starters:

1. Give away your product to a small group
2. Get them to review your product on-the-spot
--- This will get them in a great mood if they like/love the product.
--- If the review is not good/not to your liking, take notes and improve the product if necessary.
3. Take pictures of them using the product (remember, you've already got them in a great mood!)
4. Advertise. (You've already done this by giving away stuff! Enjoy the word-of-mouth!)
5. ???
6. Collect the Benjamins

profits.jpg

Now you know what you need to do. Let us know the result!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
Since you are telling other people what to do as if you have proven these facts - Which of your businesses have you tried this with and what increases to your earnings did you notice?

DaRK9

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
May 23, 2014
Since you are telling other people what to do as if you have proven these facts - Which of your businesses have you tried this with and what increases to your earnings did you notice?
Doesn't really have to, as this is now common practice.

• Banned

IrishSpring600

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Dec 24, 2013
lol yo u mad hyper lately on the forum.

Thanks!

Actions and imagery are *much* stronger than words. I've tried to persuade people using words vs. using actions vs. using images.

People will seemingly agree and nod with me when I use words, but still feel unsure and it's tougher to get what you want. Whether that's a meet-up or close.

MJ was persuaded enough to go for the lambo when he saw an actual ~25 year old in person riding it. Had it been word-of-mouth he would have been unconvinced. Surely no one drives a non-financed lambo at 25! He was driven to act.

When I lead with action and/or show people images, people realize it's possible because they can see it. People have seen what I can squat and deadlift via videos and are impressed as heck. When I tell them about it, they always request a video. Surely he/she can't squat this much...

Then when they see the video, they believe me. I am the product. They will feel compelled to come to advice for me for their lifting advice now.

If a woman sees me receiving attention from lots of other women, she's going to want to know what I'm all about. If she only hears about it, she's going to be a little more skeptical. Surely no guy is this good.

This can be extrapolated to business. John Doe sees me using a wallet from XYZ. As I pull out money, a gush of wind comes at me. However, the money remains attached to the wallet. John Doe can't believe his eyes! He inquires, "How can it store money so safely like that?" He's more compelled to buy the product. Images and/or video can be used to display the scenario online.

Welcome to 2016. Imagery and video is the new copy. If it can be displayed in imagery and video, why are you wasting your time with words?

Of course, some stuff has to be written in words, like the not-so-obvious. It may not be so obvious the same wallet is made from XYZ material. But this is for the professionals that breathe this genre of product and know XYZ works for them because ABC has failed them before. Not everyone has used these types of products before.

If I only simply state these things, my audience will not care. Some don't even know what the heck XYZ is or does.
They want to see how material XYZ can benefit me, not why. Hope that helps.

Of course, my words aren't going to help. They're just words. Why don't I just bring in @Likwid24 to demonstrate?

Last edited:

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
ref=nb_sb_noss_2
Lately I have been seeing a couple of threads with the original posters wondering why their product is not selling.

Then I see their website and the advertisements of the products do not look similar to this...

hiddles-street-clothes-15oct15-17.jpg

Dressed To Seduce - Buy The Shirt Now <--- This would contain a hyperlink to the landing page

But simply this:

Mens-Wrinkle-free-Navy-Dress-Shirt-P13527805.jpg

Wrinkle-free dress shirt - $14.99

I'm not going to buy a product that I can't see myself succeeding with or at least using. And I definitely see myself succeeding with and using the shirt in the former advertisement.

So, for starters:

1. Give away your product to a small group
2. Get them to review your product on-the-spot
--- This will get them in a great mood if they like/love the product.
--- If the review is not good/not to your liking, take notes and improve the product if necessary.
3. Take pictures of them using the product (remember, you've already got them in a great mood!)
4. Advertise. (You've already done this by giving away stuff! Enjoy the word-of-mouth!)
5. ???
6. Collect the Benjamins

profits.jpg

Now you know what you need to do. Let us know the result!
If you haven't tried it in any business then what's to say it works? Giving away a product to random people and getting them to take pictures with it is going to sell products how? What info do you have to back up your premis besides that you like the picture with the celebrity better? A/B tests? Customer feedback? Amazon's pictures all look similar to picture number 2... Is there a reason or are they just struck in their ways?

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
ref=nb_sb_noss_2

If you haven't tried it in any business then what's to say it works? Giving away a product to random people and getting them to take pictures with it is going to sell products how? What info do you have to back up your premis besides that you like the picture with the celebrity better? A/B tests? Customer feedback? Amazon's pictures all look similar to picture number 2... Is there a reason or are they just struck in their ways?
People posting products helps sell products.. period. I prefer that they pay me for the items though.

Social proof.

HoneyBadger

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
201%
Jul 14, 2016
Florida
... If it can be displayed in imagery and video, why are you wasting your time with words?...
[/MEDIA]

You seem to have dodged the point of what I was asking. Why are you posting all these "how to"s? I am not telling you not to (who am I to do so anyways) it is just usually people who give advice need to come from a point of experience. I want to know what experience you have that validates your point of authority. Sell yourself on why your information/imagery should be heard. You wouldn't take advice from someone who hasn't touched a piano before on how to play piano would you? (if so that's a filtering information issue for another time).

devine

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Apr 16, 2015
Russia
ref=nb_sb_noss_2

I have.
His point is not in giving away the product, it's about how the product is presented and how it incorporates testimonials. With one of my businesses, people take photos with our products, which made us 8k$/month net profit from Month 2, because this kind of approach pays out.
We didn't give it away for free though, but we made sure people are 200% satisfied with our product and will share their experience genuinely.

Ecom man

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
496%
Apr 17, 2014
I have.
His point is not in giving away the product, it's about how the product is presented and how it incorporates testimonials. With one of my businesses, people take photos with our products, which made us 8k$/month net profit from Month 2, because this kind of approach pays out.
We didn't give it away for free though, but we made sure people are 200% satisfied with our product and will share their experience genuinely.
The title to his post was "give it away". How can his point not be giving away the product? I am not denying that reviews/ testimonials are good for a website. What I have a problem with is throwing out a step by step of how to "market" or do website design without any data to back it up.

Congrats on your business netting 8k in month 2 but is that due to doing pictures differently or would normal pictures on the listing have a higher sell through rate?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.