The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting Unscripted and Unparked.

Mick Hayes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 16, 2015
Ireland
Hi All,

Just starting out or restarting as I originally joined 2 years ago after reading TMFL.
From Ireland, the best little country in the world if you're a multi-national - just ask Apple :)

Ultimate goal is to reach the Fastlane but more immediate goal is to get debt free.
Currently formulating a plan to do just that.

Thanks for listening.

Mick.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Honest question - have you told yourself what is different about "this time" since you read TMFL two years ago?

Timing of your post was interesting because I was just wondering if people should buy 'Unscripted ' if they have yet to do anything after reading TMFL. Similar question stands there too - if TMFL wasn't enough of a kick in the pants, will this next book be?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Mick Hayes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 16, 2015
Ireland
Honest question - have you told yourself what is different about "this time" since you read TMFL two years ago?

Timing of your post was interesting because I was just wondering if people should buy 'Unscripted ' if they have yet to do anything after reading TMFL. Similar question stands there too - if TMFL wasn't enough of a kick in the pants, will this next book be?

Hi Philip, great question actually.

There are a number of things different this time, but one major thing or issue which has now been resolved.
Can't go into specifics just to say that when the Titanic hit the iceberg I'd guess the last thing on anyones mind
was New York ... I guess "unsinkable" was perceived value and not actual value.

Absolutely, they should buy !!!

Will it be enough?? As with all things that will depend on the individual.

Mick.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Welcome back Mick,

Ireland is the best little country in the world if you are Apple! However ordinary businesses here are hit a lot heavier on all fronts by the money stealing machine that is the Irish Government.

What part of the country are you based in and what is it you do? I'm a student from Roscommon who now lives in Galway. I'm also self employed building websites and copywriting for businesses that are mainly based around Dublin at the moment.

Debt is a huge problem here and a lot of our American friends won't be privy to some of the small differences that exist here especially if you are in debt over Real estate. Like the fact that up until only either a year or two ago if you declared bankruptcy you wouldn't be able to own a company for 12 years. This prevented a lot of the middle class from shedding debt during the financial crisis while the wiser investors had property in Northern Ireland so they could declare UK bankruptcy there and make use of the more lenient laws.

The Millionaire Fastlane is still very relevant when talking about debt. Getting rid of the highest interest repayment stuff like credit card debt before the usually bigger but lower rated stuff like mortgages.

I noticed an ad on the radio and its really prevalent at the moment more so than in the last ten years. It's from all the different car garages that now offer independent lending (No need to walk all the way to the bank). You want a new Audi that costs 60g's you can have it instantly on credit. The roads are flooded with high powered, big money cars at the moment but their hasn't been any major shift in the job market (Outside of multinational companies based here). This is another wealth trap.

Mick Hayes

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 16, 2015
Ireland
Welcome back Mick,

Ireland is the best little country in the world if you are Apple! However ordinary businesses here are hit a lot heavier on all fronts by the money stealing machine that is the Irish Government.

What part of the country are you based in and what is it you do? I'm a student from Roscommon who now lives in Galway. I'm also self employed building websites and copywriting for businesses that are mainly based around Dublin at the moment.

Debt is a huge problem here and a lot of our American friends won't be privy to some of the small differences that exist here especially if you are in debt over Real estate. Like the fact that up until only either a year or two ago if you declared bankruptcy you wouldn't be able to own a company for 12 years. This prevented a lot of the middle class from shedding debt during the financial crisis while the wiser investors had property in Northern Ireland so they could declare UK bankruptcy there and make use of the more lenient laws.

The Millionaire Fastlane is still very relevant when talking about debt. Getting rid of the highest interest repayment stuff like credit card debt before the usually bigger but lower rated stuff like mortgages.

I noticed an ad on the radio and its really prevalent at the moment more so than in the last ten years. It's from all the different car garages that now offer independent lending (No need to walk all the way to the bank). You want a new Audi that costs 60g's you can have it instantly on credit. The roads are flooded with high powered, big money cars at the moment but their hasn't been any major shift in the job market (Outside of multinational companies based here). This is another wealth trap.

Down south in the real capital ;)

Your observations are spot on.

Have a friend who is rather envious of all the new flashy motors appearing in the company car park and can't
wait to follow suit. It appears this new Dealer finance is more a rental scheme. Instead of paying off your car
over 5 / 6 years, then you own it, this new financing lets you pay top dollar for 2 / 3 years after which you get
an upgrade to newest model and pay top dollar for another 2 / 3 years but never own outright.

Nice way to lock a punter in for life ... subscription style.

Waspy

Float like a butterfly
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
461%
Dec 6, 2016
U.K.
You want a new Audi that costs 60g's you can have it instantly on credit. The roads are flooded with high powered, big money cars at the moment

When you live life on the sidewalk, you need to at least feel fast on the non-metaphorical road.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...