The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting revenge on a scam company

Assertion

Steve-meyers

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 6, 2024
So an alibaba company scams you, trade assurance is a scam of its own, your money is lost.
Whats the options for getting revenge or putting some hurt on the company to put some pressure on them to send you a refund?

At this point, I am looking for a person in China that is a "hitman agent" that will do some "vigilante justice" to cause some physical damage to the company's physical building/ assets, while I threaten them via email with more damage incoming if they dont give a refund.

Anyone got some leads?
Heck, if I lived in China I would be this guy, and I would post my service on Alibaba to help y'all out!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OverByte

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 18, 2014
Canada
This isnt the way to get ahead. Figure out what went wrong, take those lessons and apply it towards positive momentum instead of lingering on the past.

i had a company rip off an ecommerce store i had, cheap imitation of product, copied the whole website. I posted here about it and someone told me to move forward. I did and that company went out of business a couple months after i found them. Just move forward, life is too short for regrets and resentment.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
636%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
This isnt the way to get ahead. Figure out what went wrong, take those lessons and apply it towards positive momentum instead of lingering on the past.

Just move forward, life is too short for regrets and resentment.
“Don’t get back at China company. No good. Be big person. Move on, foreigner. Life short. Resent bad.”

1717708176978.jpeg

Nice try buddy. You didn’t fool me.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
Seriously? Scammers are rife on Alibaba; even if you got Jackie Chan to push the Great Wall over on them, there are hundreds of others lined up waiting to fleece folks who don’t do due diligence, so you’ve provided value to no one. Turn your anger inward and vow that going forward you will work harder to give yourself the best chance of a positive experience. There is a methodology for establishing good relationships with reliable Alibaba vendors, and it usually takes a lot of time and effort. Those who hop on and grab the first guy with shiny pictures and low prices and then pay them with a wire transfer are grist for the Alibaba mill.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
210%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
At this point, I am looking for a person in China that is a "hitman agent" that will do some "vigilante justice" to cause some physical damage to the company's physical building/ assets, while I threaten them via email with more damage incoming if they dont give a refund.

The Hitman is probably a scammer as well anyways.

Just let it go and leave it to karma.

MichelleWood

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
87%
Jun 28, 2023
Melbourne, Australia
Not sure what kind of $$ you are talking, but a hitman may cost more than the amount lost?

Risky as well, if you're caught. MJ might call this a treasonous choice?

Sounds like a lot of energy, energy you could put into your biz maybe... I'm just sayin'.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Feb 11, 2019
Even if it might seem like their fault, it's yours. That was a lesson, hopefully, not crazy expensive.

It's an open platform, you will never get rid of all the "scammers", but you can analyze your experience, and ensure that doesn't happen again.

So, they probably did scam you, but at the same time, someone more experienced in importing wouldn't have fallen for it.

What can you do differently next time?

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 26, 2023
So an alibaba company scams you, trade assurance is a scam of its own, your money is lost.
Whats the options for getting revenge or putting some hurt on the company to put some pressure on them to send you a refund?

Anger management issues!

You need a psychiatrist, not a hit-man! LOL

Heck, if I lived in China I would be this guy, and I would post my service on Alibaba to help y'all out!

Book a ticket to China and help yourself ... LMFAO !!!!

Steve-meyers

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 6, 2024
I agree with all those above, learning the lesson and moving forward is the way to go.

Problem is those shmucks have gotten so emboldened by the fact that the trade assurance scam is on their side, they dont even seem to care! It is to the point of reputable companies turning their back on you when they see it profitable!
Batch order#1: all good
Order#2: larger amount, all good
Order#3: even larger, all good
Order#4: even larger amount, production all good, pictures sent (possibly from previous batch, or they made only a small handful for this order with the full intent of pulling a scam), packed for shipping, shipped...... no updates on tracking, start a dispute, they become unresponsive intentionally to drag out time while they withdraw funds from account and close their alibaba account. Once a dispute resolution is reached 3 months later and the case is closed, the only response you can get from any alibaba support team after endless support contacts and attempts for them to do anything, is: "Our team help you check the supplier account balance is not enough and they need top up the account to help you get the refund" (that is copy and paste from their email.

I wont go into the lengthy details of the 3 incidents of scam, but I will say Ive been an importer for 7+ years, I have experience, I do my due diligence, and I dont fall for the shiny object scam / too good to be true. They just keep getting bolder!

If there was a "revenge agent" service that could be used, those shmucks would think twice! Besides the fact that it funds further scams, of the digital type, to which your older parents or grandparents eventually become a victim of.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Op should have consulted Walter before his alibaba purchase.

So many brains and expert in different fields to tap on here in FLF.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
198%
Feb 11, 2019
I
I agree with all those above, learning the lesson and moving forward is the way to go.

Problem is those shmucks have gotten so emboldened by the fact that the trade assurance scam is on their side, they dont even seem to care! It is to the point of reputable companies turning their back on you when they see it profitable!
Order#4: even larger amount, production all good, pictures sent (possibly from previous batch, or they made only a small handful for this order with the full intent of pulling a scam), packed for shipping, shipped...... no updates on tracking, start a dispute, they become unresponsive intentionally to drag out time while they withdraw funds from account and close their alibaba account. Once a dispute resolution is reached 3 months later and the case is closed, the only response you can get from any alibaba support team after endless support contacts and attempts for them to do anything, is: "Our team help you check the supplier account balance is not enough and they need top up the account to help you get the refund" (that is copy and paste from their email.

I wont go into the lengthy details of the 3 incidents of scam, but I will say Ive been an importer for 7+ years, I have experience, I do my due diligence, and I dont fall for the shiny object scam / too good to be true. They just keep getting bolder!

If there was a "revenge agent" service that could be used, those shmucks would think twice! Besides the fact that it funds further scams, of the digital type, to which your older parents or grandparents eventually become a victim of.
I take my comment back, you clearly did your due diligence, and this is an "advanced scam". In that case, I actually lack the experience to suggest anything worthwhile, however, a partial escrow payment system might help to prevent this from repeating.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
331%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Dude, you just got played LOL. I’m reading this and laughing with tears :rofl::rofl::rofl:

You want to send a hitman after some ching chong?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I

I take my comment back, you clearly did your due diligence, and this is an "advanced scam". In that case, I actually lack the experience to suggest anything worthwhile, however, a partial escrow payment system might help to prevent this from repeating.
Doesn’t read like a scam.

More like a quit and last round rug pull.

I know some Chinese manufacturer who experienced it from central asia or middle eastern buyers.

They will buy and usually pay later.

When they decide to quit the business for good, they will order the last round and disappear.

The Chinese manufacturer already factor it as a foreseeable business cost.

Nevah Lucky

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 4, 2024

Hmm sounds like a business

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.