The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting in touch with property management companies' decision makers

Marketing, social media, advertising

Dave_NumberOne

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Feb 6, 2016
Hello everyone,

I operate a water damage restoration business with 2 locations (in highly populated areas). So far we managed to grow just by being super aggressive in cold calling property management companies (we called every business in town multiple times). This way we managed to get around 50 clients (out of around 5,000 potential clients) who supply us with constant work. The problem is that we only have a market share of around 1%. In order to get more market share it is highly important to get personal meetings with the decision makers from the property management companies from the rest 99%. Out of 2 of these appointments we can convert 1 client on average. Otherwise, we will end up having 100 locations with only 1 employee per location (which would be tasty as well, but not enough for the greedy guy writing this post).

Do you guys have any tips/ best practices how to get an appointment besides from offering a better service? I think of things like sending them a box with sweets and a hand-written card politely asking for a telephone call -> and then in the telephone call asking for a in person meeting.

Also I would be generally interested in real world funnels that work for you to get customers at break even cost or better. Please no customer lifetime value acquisition cost 1000 and after 5 years get 3000 back - I fund everything with my own money

My profitable customer acquisition model so far is this: cold calling businesses and asking them to introduce my company via email / 1 week later calling again and asking if they received the mail and telling them that we are there for them. Thats it. 5 hours of straight cold calling and I land one customer (roughly 500 dollar margin on first order, lifetime value of at least 10,000). The problem: everyone is already cold called in the area and i need to build more and more locations. Therefore, very open for suggestions to increase my conversion rate or hearing about your successful funnels.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
A couple ideas:
  • Find out what they want, and give it to them. You'll need to know more about them and their day-to-day to be able to identify what you could offer. And what you offer might not have anything to do with water damage restoration.
  • Talk to homeowner associations. The larger ones typically use property management companies.
  • What else can you give your prospects that they'd value? I know some law firms who work with homeowner associations, and the law firms regularly do in-person seminars and webinars to homeowner associations as a way to land clients. Like: How to deal with the homeowner who parks his ice cream truck on the street?
  • Read anything by Jay Abraham, especially Getting Everything You Can Out Of All You've Got. It's a goldmine.

Philz82

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 21, 2021
Hello everyone,

I operate a water damage restoration business with 2 locations (in highly populated areas). So far we managed to grow just by being super aggressive in cold calling property management companies (we called every business in town multiple times). This way we managed to get around 50 clients (out of around 5,000 potential clients) who supply us with constant work. The problem is that we only have a market share of around 1%. In order to get more market share it is highly important to get personal meetings with the decision makers from the property management companies from the rest 99%. Out of 2 of these appointments we can convert 1 client on average. Otherwise, we will end up having 100 locations with only 1 employee per location (which would be tasty as well, but not enough for the greedy guy writing this post).

Do you guys have any tips/ best practices how to get an appointment besides from offering a better service? I think of things like sending them a box with sweets and a hand-written card politely asking for a telephone call -> and then in the telephone call asking for a in person meeting.

Also I would be generally interested in real world funnels that work for you to get customers at break even cost or better. Please no customer lifetime value acquisition cost 1000 and after 5 years get 3000 back - I fund everything with my own money

My profitable customer acquisition model so far is this: cold calling businesses and asking them to introduce my company via email / 1 week later calling again and asking if they received the mail and telling them that we are there for them. Thats it. 5 hours of straight cold calling and I land one customer (roughly 500 dollar margin on first order, lifetime value of at least 10,000). The problem: everyone is already cold called in the area and i need to build more and more locations. Therefore, very open for suggestions to increase my conversion rate or hearing about your successful funnels.
Hello everyone,

I use zoom info to have our sales team find decision makers then my sales team puts them in a sequence that is a combination of email, call, and linkedin. I sell training services to building contractors and property management firms.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.