The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting a Job or Food Delivery Apps

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
I want your guys's perspective on this. I recently realized that the mentality at most work environments is the definition of slow lane or sidewalker, with people whining, complaining, and the whole TGIF zombie mentality.

I've done rideshare apps for a while, and worked jobs, and realized there's huge contrast. Sure the rideshare puts miles and wear and tear on the car, since I've got a used car that's almost paid off it's a non-issue.

Having about $1200 in monthly bills due to debt gained from sidewalk, a failed business, and bad financial decisions(all learning experience, it's better to take responsibility instead of the why me mentality), if I work this like a job for the time being until I put myself in the fast lane, do you guys believe it's more efficient or less than a job?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
if I work this like a job for the time being until I put myself in the fast lane, do you guys believe it's more efficient or less than a job?

How much can you make from a job with your background and skills?

How much can you make after maintenance and depreciation on your vehicle if you decide to do food delivery?

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
How much can you make from a job with your background and skills?

How much can you make after maintenance and depreciation on your vehicle if you decide to do food delivery?
With my current skills I haven't been able to earn much because I've been job hopping and quit after two years of college. About $14-16 per hour roughly if I did hourly work, I was in several types of sales and flopped.

As far as food delivery it varies. There are busy times, and slow times. With the writeoffs and depreciation, it would be about $12-14 per hour, the benefits here being having more control over when I choose to do it, and instead of another loop of TGIF or "the boss is an a**hole, and my situation in life isn't my fault" I can choose my influences and associate more with people who believe in their abilities, and have a clear idea of what they want to accomplish and achieve.

carlissa91

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
May 8, 2019
California
I do food delivery and I can say that it has it ups and downs. The downside is the inconsistency of pay and the wear and tear on the car but if you’re a hustler you can make your weekly or monthly goal using multiple applications. The impact of wear and tear can be minimized by putting some money away when you’re paid so if repairs are needed it’s not the end of the world. The benefits are the freedom from the boss, being able to make your own schedule and not working a job that’s draining so you have the energy to pursue your Fastlane venture. In my opinion the pros outweigh the cons but ultimately, you’ll have to see if it works for you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
You're
I do food delivery and I can say that it has it ups and downs. The downside is the inconsistency of pay and the wear and tear on the car but if you’re a hustler you can make your weekly or monthly goal using multiple applications. The impact of wear and tear can be minimized by putting some money away when you’re paid so if repairs are needed it’s not the end of the world. The benefits are the freedom from the boss, being able to make your own schedule and not working a job that’s draining so you have the energy to pursue your Fastlane venture. In my opinion the pros outweigh the cons but ultimately, you’ll have to see if it works for you.
You're absolutely right. I decided on the job for the time being due to the inconsistency and the bills piling high, will do food delivery on the side to generate freedom cashflow to build and beta test my upcoming ecommerce business.

D

DeletedUser0287

I think food delivery is more profitable in metro cities. You can walk and get rid of the depreciation part. But that is if you are at pure desperation. I thought about moving to the city for more opportunities, but can't afford to live there.

Did you use leverage with your previous business?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.