- Joined
- Apr 12, 2012
- Messages
- 206
Rep Bank
$540
$540
User Power: 82%
So, I've read the book and been lurking on this forum for over a year now. When I first read, “The Millionaire Fastlane†last year, I was immediately inspired and motivated to go DO it!!!!! Fast forward to today, and I'm still exactly where I was last year, no money coming in, but yet still fantasizing about my great future.
What went wrong?
Me and my inability to focus on any 1 thing for longer than about 2 seconds. Last year, I tried (notice the highlighting on "tried") learning how to program, create a website, learn a foreign language, lose 20 pounds, get a job, ... and that's just off the top of my head. I didn't stick with any of them for longer than 1 month because I just had moved on to my next "great idea."
But the thing is I actually don't regret it. Oh, I'm really frustrated and annoyed with myself for blowing a whole year (really the first 24 soon to be 25 years of my life). But the thing is I've actually learned so much about myself. I've learned that I do have a problem with procrastination and actually sticking with a project. I've learned that I can in fact survive without a job. I've learned that being the family's "bum" isn't half as bad as I thought it would be.
So, why am I joining now?
I'm joining this forum for the accountability and the ability to record my progress. I do well when I know there are other people watching and supporting me. And I know from all of the lurking I've been doing that this place is a goldmine of not only information but also support. And besides, it's going to be awesome to be able to look back, and see exactly where I started at and how far I've gone.
So, here I am. Hear me roar. Let's get started, but remember to have the patience to see it through!
What went wrong?
Me and my inability to focus on any 1 thing for longer than about 2 seconds. Last year, I tried (notice the highlighting on "tried") learning how to program, create a website, learn a foreign language, lose 20 pounds, get a job, ... and that's just off the top of my head. I didn't stick with any of them for longer than 1 month because I just had moved on to my next "great idea."
But the thing is I actually don't regret it. Oh, I'm really frustrated and annoyed with myself for blowing a whole year (really the first 24 soon to be 25 years of my life). But the thing is I've actually learned so much about myself. I've learned that I do have a problem with procrastination and actually sticking with a project. I've learned that I can in fact survive without a job. I've learned that being the family's "bum" isn't half as bad as I thought it would be.
So, why am I joining now?
I'm joining this forum for the accountability and the ability to record my progress. I do well when I know there are other people watching and supporting me. And I know from all of the lurking I've been doing that this place is a goldmine of not only information but also support. And besides, it's going to be awesome to be able to look back, and see exactly where I started at and how far I've gone.
So, here I am. Hear me roar. Let's get started, but remember to have the patience to see it through!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
