The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Get Started, But Be Patient

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
So, I've read the book and been lurking on this forum for over a year now. When I first read, “The Millionaire Fastlane†last year, I was immediately inspired and motivated to go DO it!!!!! Fast forward to today, and I'm still exactly where I was last year, no money coming in, but yet still fantasizing about my great future.

What went wrong?

Me and my inability to focus on any 1 thing for longer than about 2 seconds. Last year, I tried (notice the highlighting on "tried") learning how to program, create a website, learn a foreign language, lose 20 pounds, get a job, ... and that's just off the top of my head. I didn't stick with any of them for longer than 1 month because I just had moved on to my next "great idea."

But the thing is I actually don't regret it. Oh, I'm really frustrated and annoyed with myself for blowing a whole year (really the first 24 soon to be 25 years of my life). But the thing is I've actually learned so much about myself. I've learned that I do have a problem with procrastination and actually sticking with a project. I've learned that I can in fact survive without a job. I've learned that being the family's "bum" isn't half as bad as I thought it would be.

So, why am I joining now?

I'm joining this forum for the accountability and the ability to record my progress. I do well when I know there are other people watching and supporting me. And I know from all of the lurking I've been doing that this place is a goldmine of not only information but also support. And besides, it's going to be awesome to be able to look back, and see exactly where I started at and how far I've gone.

So, here I am. Hear me roar. Let's get started, but remember to have the patience to see it through!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I am impatient. Impatience keeps me up at night. Impatience has me working Saturday mornings when other people are reading the paper, drinking their coffee, and sleeping in. Your introspective is a good starting point, but you have to want this more. You have to wake up every morning breathing in your own success. You have to ache to make it to the big leagues, or you never will.

MJ had a great analogy a few weeks ago. I live my life on the edge of winning the lottery EVERY DAY. The buzz you might get when you buy a Powerball ticket and plan what you would do with the money... is the same buzz I have nearly every day with my business(es) on the edge of hitting the big time.

It's not enough to wish to get there. You have to push it over the edge. If you are still here a year from now, like a gerbil on a tread mill... you may have well as never registered for the forum. You gotta want it. You gotta want it enough to grow impatient with your own lack of momentum.

It's not even as important WHAT you set out to do, as it is that you set out. Get your a$$ in gear. Stop lurking on your life... and start driving it. You can change on the fly on the way...

Are you going to be one of those old guys that sits back and wonders what would have happened...if? Are you going to pick up another motivational book in a few weeks to get your fix? Are you going to post here a few months from now standing in the same place you are today?

This is a forum for winners. Dreamers dream. Winners act.

Get your a$$ in gear. (and welcome... I am glad you registered).

Jewels

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Mar 29, 2012
Leono, a lot of people are in the same boat as you. Try taking it one step at a time and focusing on one important endeavor. Really understand what it is you are getting into. I've been where you are so don't feel alone. I can definitely relate.

Vigilante, you have described it very well. I am beginning my pursuit on my Fastlane business and I tell ya, I don't want to go to sleep at night. I am so anxious that I just stay up and work...for some reason I almost fear sleep! I know it isn't healthy but I used to love sleeping. It is exciting but man my sleeping has been so out of whack!

leono

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
81%
Apr 12, 2012
I am impatient. Impatience keeps me up at night. Impatience has me working Saturday mornings when other people are reading the paper, drinking their coffee, and sleeping in. Your introspective is a good starting point, but you have to want this more. You have to wake up every morning breathing in your own success. You have to ache to make it to the big leagues, or you never will.

MJ had a great analogy a few weeks ago. I live my life on the edge of winning the lottery EVERY DAY. The buzz you might get when you buy a Powerball ticket and plan what you would do with the money... is the same buzz I have nearly every day with my business(es) on the edge of hitting the big time.

I'm at the beginning of this journey, so I could be totally wrong about this. But I don't think being "impatient" is the way to go for me. All of my previous projects failed because I was too impatient to see them through to completion. In fact, the projects I have successfully completed have been when I'm in a calm and clear state of mind. When I have the patience to work on it a little bit everyday, and not try and force my way through it all at once.

It's not even as important WHAT you set out to do, as it is that you set out. Get your a$$ in gear. Stop lurking on your life... and start driving it. You can change on the fly on the way...

Totally agree! It's why I'm going to focus on building an eBay business for now. Once, I have that in place, which will take some time, then I'll work on coming up with a Fastlane business.

Are you going to be one of those old guys that sits back and wonders what would have happened...if? Are you going to pick up another motivational book in a few weeks to get your fix? Are you going to post here a few months from now standing in the same place you are today?

This is a forum for winners. Dreamers dream. Winners act.

Get your a$$ in gear. (and welcome... I am glad you registered).
It's different this time because a.) I have something to focus on (building up an eBay business) and b.) I don't feel the anxiety and rush to do it NOW like before. I feel calm and clear headed.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...