The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gary Vaynerchuk #2017FlipChallenge

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California

Are any of you doing the 2017 Flip Challenge?

I just got started myself (pretty late, been busy) and I'm having a lot of fun with it.

Gotta love Gary Vee, he's constantly inspiring me to work harder.

Made my first sale for the challenge recently, it was a book I got for $1 and sold for $50. Really fun stuff.

Anyone else?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
I did it for the month of march with very limited time. Made an extra $1,000 dollars. I quit for a few reasons.

Reason 1: The Time requirement to source from garage sales, thrift stores, goodwill etc. is a lot.
Reason 2: The gas requirement to drive around a bunch is a lot, plus you have to put a ton of miles on your car.
Reason 3: You pretty much have to put more and more time into making more and more money.
Reason 4: You lose a lot of money from shipping, Paypal, and Ebay fees.
Reason 5: Clutter. I don't have any room for a bunch of junk to sit in the house. I'm a minimalist and this was driving me crazy. I'm almost done getting rid of the rest of my inventory thank god.
Reason 6: Control. Ebay can change rules at anytime. Depending on what they are, they could crush you.
Reason 7: Ebay has a ton of scammers. You either have to let the scammer win and take a loss each time, or you will have to go through a time consuming process of fighting it and the scammer will still probably win. YOU WILL GET SCAMMED A LOT.

I decided to do copywriting instead. It's minimal effort to learn. Cost is low, all you need is a chromebook and internet. You have a lot more control over who you work with. The more experience you get copywriting the more you can charge for jobs. Therefore you can eventually work less and less if you want to make the same amount of money. PLUS the skills you learn copywriting will translate into other areas like building a business.

The treasure hunting aspect was cool and I found some good finds. But it's just not optimal for me.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
@arfadugus,

Thanks for the reply!

You made since very good points, for sure. (Scammers suck so much!) What percentage of the time would you estimate you got scammers?

I'm doing it as a fun and profitable hobby, really. I doubt I'd ever make it a full time thing. (Mainly because of the control aspect.)

It's cool you got into copywriting, I do that as well. (Thanks to Sinisterlex for getting me started.) Copywriting is a super valuable skill to have. (I've actually been utilizing it in my listings for the Flip hustle, too.)

Like you said, the treasure hunt part is really fun. The reseller community that I've come across is really cool too.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
@arfadugus,

Thanks for the reply!

You made since very good points, for sure. (Scammers suck so much!) What percentage of the time would you estimate you got scammers?

I'm doing it as a fun and profitable hobby, really. I doubt I'd ever make it a full time thing. (Mainly because of the control aspect.)

It's cool you got into copywriting, I do that as well. (Thanks to Sinisterlex for getting me started.) Copywriting is a super valuable skill to have. (I've actually been utilizing it in my listings for the Flip hustle, too.)

Like you said, the treasure hunt part is really fun. The reseller community that I've come across is really cool too.
One person damaged an item so they could return it. And there was nothing I could do since I didn't have a picture of the one side that they damaged. Tons of people were trying to scam me when I sold an Iphone. They come up with clever ways like fake ebay emails, etc. Another person just said that I never shipped the item even though the tracking said it arrived. I won that battle but with a lot of hassle. So I guess three instances within one month. With maybe 30 items listed. So 10%?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JaxAttacks

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
215%
May 16, 2015
California
arfadugus,

Wow that is so crappy! No wonder you decided to quit. Scammers are disgusting.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.