The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gary Halbert 30 day challenge Copywriting Group

Michaelblackc

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Apr 23, 2017
venezuela
Guys. I'm completing this challenge no matter what you say.

That's the point of posting in this particular topic. DUH!

The way I see it, is your opinion's against Gary's.

And Gary was the best copywriter in the planet, with many millions under his name, and decades of experience in this business.

For me is an easy choice.

I want to create a knowledge base to start and be far better than 99% of other copywriters and I'm trusting Gary.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Guys. I'm completing this challenge no matter what you say.

That's the point of posting in this particular topic. DUH!

The way I see it, is your opinion's against Gary's.

And Gary was the best copywriter in the planet, with many millions under his name, and decades of experience in this business.

For me is an easy choice.

I want to create a knowledge base to start and be far better than 99% of other copywriters and I'm trusting Gary.

Some coaches are better than experts at making experts. I don't see where he's proven to make great copy writers. He probably never did that challenge.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Thank you for all the resources guys. I'm going to continue this challenge on my own. See ya
Hey. If you need help feel free to send a PM. It's hard to get started even with a ton of knowledge about copy. Some of these books are pretty old so they don't go over modern formats, internet tactics, etc.

WilliamB

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jun 23, 2016
I’m a bit late to the party, but better late than never.

To the conversation above me, I agree with both sides: that it’s a good idea to get some writing experience before diving into the Halbert Challenge. I’m new to this like a lot of you, and after writing around 20,000 words I realized that I needed to get a lot better.

Getting that initial experience has given me the drive to finish this challenge.

I’m technically 4 books in (I read the Boron Letters last year, but I’ll gladly read it again a couple times for the challenge). So far so good. I’m also thankful to this thread for helping me find the proper version of the Robert Collier Letter book, as I was burned by both the Kindle and new paperback versions. I also wrote out all the ads before I read the books, which I feel was a mistake, as I wasn’t primed with the knowledge to appreciate them more and take away more from them. I’ll just handcopy them again, except for the Stocks and Expedition letters, though I’ll at least review those.

Another helpful tool I got from this thread was a couple people mentioning Tim Ferris’ article on speed-reading, and since reading is the majority part of this challenge I checked it out and actually tried it.

Others have mentioned great painters following a similar program in the past of tracing over the masterworks until they become good, and some authors who hand-copied great and popular books before writing their own with great success. One field that hasn’t been mentioned is film. I recently watched an interview with Akira Kurosawa, where he recommends a very similar training program to build up your film-making ability. Great minds evidently think alike, and I’m sure there are other fields where this approach also helps a lot and is used by the respective experts.

I don’t recall anyone ever reporting back after finishing the WHOLE challenge (don’t forget the cue cards guys), but I’ll just assume that the challenge has propelled them into another level of existence where the copy flows like a rich crystal-clear stream… along with all the earnings. I will join you guys there soon enough. Good luck to anyone else.

P.S. Does anyone still have a link/invite to the Dropbox folder? Enki seems to have left the forum and I can't find a way to contact Jimmyy.

Last edited:

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I don’t recall anyone ever reporting back after finishing the WHOLE challenge (don’t forget the cue cards guys), but I’ll just assume that the challenge has propelled them into another level of existence

absolutely. i don't read these books for writing copies but for the lessons in human psychology

the way to deal with people is explained in these books.

selling is like dating

you can't just walk up to a woman and say :

" look, i am a man and you are a woman, so logicaly we should sleep together according to nature. let's go "

human being are not logical.

Shawn Nevad

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 7, 2017
Silicon Valley
I just started 5 days ago, and I think it would be wise to log my progress here. A big part of why I joined this forum was to kindly ask to be added to the dropbox group, I have searched all the local libraries and I am not able to track down Breakthrough Advertising.

Scientific Advertising --- Finished
Robert Collier Letter Book
Tested Advertising Methods
How to Write a Good Advertisement
Gary Halbert Letter
Boron Letters --- Finished
Lazy Man's Way to Riches --- Finished
Breakthrough Advertising
7 Steps to Freedom

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Bump.

The third link in the OP is not working:
CoJNjxL.png

Does anyone have an alternative?

Thanks.

Last edited:

finnyfun

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Aug 20, 2018
Connecticut
I just want to alert you guys that the page for Gary's favorite ads is a tech support scam. Will be trying this!

Edward5

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Nov 13, 2017
US
Is anyone reading in chronological order just like it was written in the letter? I am starting with the first book scientific advertising and then on down the list. Maybe a bit too militant for some, but, thats how I am doing it :)
where is that list of books?

Edward5

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Nov 13, 2017
US
Eyes on the prize guys n gals.
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The Robert Collier Letter Book
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • How To Write A Good Advertisement
  • The Gary Halbert Letter
  • The Boron Letters
  • The Lazy Man's Way To Riches
  • Break-Through Advertising
  • 7-Steps To Freedom
Can you write the authors?

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Can you write the authors?

No.

Screenshot_114.png

I have some bad news, chief.

If THIS is all you can muster after 5 years on the forum, it ain't EVER happening no matter how many books you read - though it appears you lack the initiative to even Google like a normal F*cking human being so I'm unsure if you can even read a single page before asking another retarded question.

Edward5

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Nov 13, 2017
US
No.

View attachment 44872

I have some bad news, chief.

If THIS is all you can muster after 5 years on the forum, it ain't EVER happening no matter how many books you read - though it appears you lack the initiative to even Google like a normal F*cking human being so I'm unsure if you can even read a single page before asking another retarded question.
you know what dude, maybe there are in this world more intelligent human beings than you. Example: why someone shuld ask for the name of the authors?, maybe because in this overwhelm world there can be many books with the same titles but different authors. Got that?

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
I'm pretty sure this is the biggest action-faking thread on the forum.

All this talking, reading, and arguing, and for what?

Connect with people selling shit and help them sell it BETTER.

Remember, you're not pushing for the sale with copywriting, you're merely showing them the way to Dopamine Land.

It's kind of like dating - imagine if you just listed all of your qualities and features and then put a price tag on yourself. It's not going to work.

Copywriting is about connecting with an audience on a deep, primal level so that they feel 100% understood which will get them hooked to your writing like a DRUG.

To do so, whisper sweet lies into their eyes. Like that it's OK to spend your money compulsively on shit you think you need (but you really don't) and that yes, this overpriced Cherry Vanilla scented candle is THE solution to their dead marriage - and before they even know it, they've reached The Point of No Return.

Once you've done that, it's all about inseminating the idea into their little consumerist heads that the answer to their needs is JUST one click away!

And the cycle of ca-ching continues...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.