The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gary Halbert 30 day challenge Copywriting Group

kamanuci

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 7, 2013
For those using the PDF versions of the book. you can cut and paste portions of it and read it on http://accelareader.com/. Its free and makes reading a lot easier because you don't have to move your eyes. It does take focus though.

Major props to Cleveland for the dropbox folder.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

kamanuci

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Nov 7, 2013
Hey Cleveland,

Have you heard of box.com. It works just like dropbox but you get 50 GB free instead of just 2 GB. Might think about switching instead of paying the $9.99 a month to get more space in case you start running out of room.

Florin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Feb 19, 2014
UPDATE:

I just finished reading the boron letters, continuing with the latest version of Eugene M. Schward's Book - Break-through Advertising

"Scientific Advertising" -by Claude Hopkins

"The Robert Collier Letter Book" -by Robert Collier

"Tested Advertising Methods" -by John Caples

"How To Write A Good Advertisement -by Vic Schwab

"The Gary Halbert Letter" (all back issues) -by Gary Halbert

"The Boron Letters -by Gary Halbert

""The Boron Letters" 2.0

"The Lazy Man's Way to Riches" -by Joe Karbo

"Break-Through Advertising" -by Eugene M. Schwartz <--- Currently started reading this

"7-Steps To Freedom" -by Ben Suarez

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet

• Scientific Advertising
  • The Robert Collier Letter Book
  • Tested Advertising Methods
  • How To Write A Good Advertisement
  • The Gary Halbert Letters (all back issues)
  • The Boron Letters
  • Lazy Man's Way To Riches
  • Breakthrough Advertising
  • 7 Steps To Freedom

Florin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Feb 19, 2014
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The Boron Letters
  • 7 Steps To Freedom

I took a look over gary halbert's letters and from as I can see, there are over 1000. You've read them all - or there are way fewer that I found? (we are talking about these: http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/newsletter-archives.htm?)

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013
  • Scientific Advertising
  • The Boron Letters
  • 7 Steps To Freedom
Lazy man's way to riches was a nice break from the strict advertising material. How to Write a Good Advertisement is very thorough and well written but I struggled to get through the first half of it for some reason. It's really made me appreciate the Collier letters a lot more though, having a better understanding of the more basic principles. A lot of reading!

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013
I took a look over gary halbert's letters and from as I can see, there are over 1000. You've read them all - or there are way fewer that I found? (we are talking about these: http://www.thegaryhalbertletter.com/newsletter-archives.htm?)

Someone said that he'd only written 10 newsletters at the time of setting the challenge (60 odd pages) so it's up to you how much of it you want to take on. The more the better though obviously

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet

hey arent some of those in the pdf? but yes if you found archives not a part of pdf you should read them as long as they're written by Gary. If I remember correctly I just pretty much printed off all the boron letters and titles in misc title section from website link: http://www.trafficplusconversion.com/1345/gary-halbert-letter/

Now I cant promise I got all the archives, nor can I promise none aren't duplicates (because I cant remember). I am just saying thats the way I did it. Anyway, If you can sort out a better way then do it. He had so much content I didnt want to confuse myself going to his page and possibly reading something with a title that doesnt look familiar but probably already read. For instance, I just found the link in the gary halbert letter archive with the title "starving crowd" is in the pdf on page 13. Maybe thats why I didnt go to his page, so, that I could avoid the confusion.

P.S. I might have printed off some of those missing pages as well (from trafficconversion.com). I cant remember but I dont think they all were in the pdf.

P.P.S. Thanks for reminding me, I didnt finish the newsletters because I didnt read my stash of printed off ones :embarrased:

P.P.P.S. I just read your message today, and, had already started on lazy man's way to riches yesterday, so, I will just finish that book, (should be done today if I get on it). Then I will finish off those newsletters and get to boron.

Last edited:

Florin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Feb 19, 2014
Oh well, I'll just read a summary of the Lazy Man's riches because it is more of a motivational book but nonetheless. I'll finish breakthrough advertising and go on to gary halbert's newsletter.

Good luck guys! We are going to be the next best copywritters!

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
Finished Lazy Man, but, had to do some organizing the last couple hours of my printed off newsletters( to make sure I dont read the pdfs and other duplicates that were printed). I got a massive amount to still read. Didnt seem like much at first. lol.

Albert Liao

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 22, 2014
Yep, a bit late to this party too. Starting my reading tonight with Scientific Advertising. March 23rd...23...michael jordan...goat, easy to remember!

Florin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Feb 19, 2014
Yep, a bit late to this party too. Starting my reading tonight with Scientific Advertising. March 23rd...23...michael jordan...goat, easy to remember!

We are a little ahead but no probs, just be consistent :D

Jimmyy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Dec 19, 2013
Now 22% of the way through the newsletters. They are so so good but I just feel like I'm heading off course from the point of the challenge. It feels like procrastination at the moment, all reading and no taking action. I've done it before where I've convinced myself its ok to spend all day reading because you are learning something important but really it's just avoiding taking action. I might skip on to the remaining books (still got Break Through Advertising, Tested Advertising Methods and 7 Steps to freedom to go and I'm already 15 days in to the challenge) and come back to the newsletters once I'm finished.

Florin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
218%
Feb 19, 2014
~10-12 days left for me.. (I don't remember for sure) I hope I'll finish the challenge.

Currently the gary halbert letter is comprised of over 1000 pages so I don't know how I will manage to read them all in the alotted time (Garry didn't knew at that time that he was going to leave us with so many pages duh)

"Scientific Advertising" -by Claude Hopkins

"The Robert Collier Letter Book" -by Robert Collier

"Tested Advertising Methods" -by John Caples

"How To Write A Good Advertisement -by Vic Schwab

"The Gary Halbert Letter" (all back issues) -by Gary Halbert <--- Currently started reading this

"The Boron Letters -by Gary Halbert

""The Boron Letters" 2.0

"The Lazy Man's Way to Riches" -by Joe Karbo

"Break-Through Advertising" -by Eugene M. Schwartz

"7-Steps To Freedom" -by Ben Suarez

ck4750

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Feb 17, 2014
Missouri
I'm a little late in the game but just ordered all the necessary study materials! Thanks for the inspiration

StartupsRFun

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Jul 2, 2013
Im super excited to start this, already ordered most of the books, and read most of the Boron Letters today.

Ive spent the last 5 years chasing money in the startup world, always coming up empty. Ive chalked these up to great learning experiences, but in the last month I have been reading books on the psychology of the mind and also reading this forum a lot. Ive come to realize that I have to truly love the customers as the Ice Cream Man pointed out, and not put the money first, but focus on improving the lives of others (stay humble). Ive come to realize my self esteem was low, and I was afraid to fully jump off that cliff, and drop the false sense of security I was living in. Ive also had two business partners bail on me in the last year, after putting hours and hours into creating something successful. It was painful, not only emotionally, but physically as well. But now Im ready, not relying on the words of the naysayers to tell me I wont succeed, but to push those people out of my life, and know I will succeed. Im ready to listen to the words of those people who have come before me, and to understand their advice on not only failure, but success. Im ready to push myself further than I thought possible, to get to places I once only dreamed of. Im ready to take action right now. So heres to the future and never looking back. Heres to falling down and getting right back up. Heres to finally being the real me, not the me the world has told me I am my whole life. And heres to all of you who have opened my eyes and inspired me to get here, thank you.

million$$$smile

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
703%
Dec 25, 2012
Midwest
I am going to take this on. I should have done this years ago when I first started my online websites.

Way overdo...

Thank you @oldscool for starting this. Though it may take me 90 days because of time elements and commitments I will endeavor to complete it.

Good luck everyone in your progress and process

Randall

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I've been reading and reading and reading, but there is no way I'll finish this in the 30 days! No matter... I'm learning some great stuff! How is everyone else doing with the challenge?

craig1928

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Jul 31, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
Can anyone fix me up with the dropbox link please?

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
I've been reading and reading and reading, but there is no way I'll finish this in the 30 days! No matter... I'm learning some great stuff! How is everyone else doing with the challenge?

I came to that realization some time ago. My 30 days is in the toilet, but, I am still trucking along. Disappointed in myself but thats another story here. Should be officially done with my printed newsletters tonight or tomorrow. I cant count how many of those things beyond the PDF I read. It makes me want to quit, but, then, i always remember why I started :)

Will give update when done with newsletters. ;)

Albert Liao

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 22, 2014
Quick update:

It's been interesting how our subconscious minds subtly recalls certain sentences and lessons that we read about. I've made it a challenge for myself to just come up with copy ideas with the objects that surround me when I'm out walking around. Everything from trees, trash cans, roads. It's just fun being able to apply what you learn.

4 more books to go!

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
could anyone tell me why some many people focused on dropbox moreso than the challenge?

Is there something I should know about this forum? Maybe i'm behind in the times so tell me what gives? People come in here asking for invites why? I do not understand whats going on here. Some secret society?

oldscool

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 20, 2011
your internet
  • Scientific Advertising