Hi Everyone.
I'm Gary from Gloucestershire in the UK. Listened to Unscripted (And re-listening). Just started MFL. I have wandered through life dissatisfied with my lot. Had eureka moments which fizzled out in to nothing, based on my own fear of the unknown and laziness. Even ran a small local business for 8 years which bombed, blamed it on the 2008/9 recession, failed marriage and other factors but a major part of that was me not taking ownership and being lazy in my process'. This led to me selling the business at a loss and the house at cost, having to declare bankruptcy. Big sob story right! Had a year to bum around and then joined the script again working for the NHS for the last two years. But always had this nagging doubt in my mind about the life I was leading and how wrong it feels. So, at 52, what has changed. Still the same lazy bum, but time is running out. I'm less fearful now than I ever was. I'm more aware of my skills and my failings. And the major factor, my driver. Starting late, I have a beautiful baby girl of 2 and a half years old. Do I want to miss out on her childhood by being restricted by my employer on when I can take time off. Am I happy not making a difference in this lifetime? Am I happy to leave her the legacy of the father that left her a script for life that doesn't work. Or am I going to show her a different way, or at least sow the seed that there is another way to live. Win or lose, I need to change my life so that I can change hers. That's why I am here, why I am going to persist through the good and bad and I am happy to share my experiences along the way.
I would say good luck to you al,l but lets create our own! Time to change lane and unlearn and unscript.
Gary
I'm Gary from Gloucestershire in the UK. Listened to Unscripted (And re-listening). Just started MFL. I have wandered through life dissatisfied with my lot. Had eureka moments which fizzled out in to nothing, based on my own fear of the unknown and laziness. Even ran a small local business for 8 years which bombed, blamed it on the 2008/9 recession, failed marriage and other factors but a major part of that was me not taking ownership and being lazy in my process'. This led to me selling the business at a loss and the house at cost, having to declare bankruptcy. Big sob story right! Had a year to bum around and then joined the script again working for the NHS for the last two years. But always had this nagging doubt in my mind about the life I was leading and how wrong it feels. So, at 52, what has changed. Still the same lazy bum, but time is running out. I'm less fearful now than I ever was. I'm more aware of my skills and my failings. And the major factor, my driver. Starting late, I have a beautiful baby girl of 2 and a half years old. Do I want to miss out on her childhood by being restricted by my employer on when I can take time off. Am I happy not making a difference in this lifetime? Am I happy to leave her the legacy of the father that left her a script for life that doesn't work. Or am I going to show her a different way, or at least sow the seed that there is another way to live. Win or lose, I need to change my life so that I can change hers. That's why I am here, why I am going to persist through the good and bad and I am happy to share my experiences along the way.
I would say good luck to you al,l but lets create our own! Time to change lane and unlearn and unscript.
Gary
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
