The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Game of Thrones Season 8 Thread (SPOILERS)

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
This was about as bad as an ending as anyone could create, in fact I'm not sure you could do much worse if you tried. When I heard that we wouldn't be happy with how it ended, I thought it would be because of certain deaths, surprises, and so forth. In the end the only thing I'm surprised and unhappy with is just how lousy it all became.

In fact, I can't really think of a better word to describe season 8 than just that. Lousy.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
OMG, has anyone tried using the ATT website to cancel HBO?

They've made it impossible.

Motherf*ckers. I expect nothing less from the company that owns DirecTV and CNN.

I cancelled the minute it ended. Was pretty easy.

HBO, desperately trying to keep subscribers...hard to do when nobody wants any more...
F8BEBE20-3624-4150-AF58-E69AF1FFA2A4.jpeg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GPM

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Oct 25, 2012
Canada
LOL at making John pet his wolf at the end.

Everyone on the internet freaked out when he didn't give him more than a nod goodbye on episode 4 or whatever it was.

This episode was an 80 minutes snooze fest of trying to wrap everything up nice and tidy and make everyone happy. As some one else posted, I didn't care of feel emotionally involved in any of it the whole time.

Yes @ZCP I feel the same about what happened to this show as what happened to Lost. Lost was probably the first TV show I was every in to, and they destroyed that by the end. This was the same.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
I'm honestly happy that it is over. I feel like the sports fan that MJ talks about in Unscripted that is consumed by a sports team that I've poured all my time into...

I've been watching theory videos and reading threads after Season 7 and was hyped to see what would happen in Season 8.

It's just unfortunate really...

It was so rushed that nothing could develop naturally. I'm still confused by the whole Jon Snow part in the entire show. He was really the main character of the show and by the time season 8 hit, he became nothing more than an extra with a few lines here and there. The fact that no one stood up for him and mentioned that he was the heir to the throne was surprising.

In the end, it looks like Bran had every storyline setup exactly as needed to become the next king.

Someone else mentioned on the thread that this was a good example for the future of not getting hooked on shows! I've yet to see one that has ended well... maybe the Wire?

Having said that, the acting was excellent and the visuals throughout the series were amazing.

I've listened to three of the books on audible in the past, maybe once GRRM releases the last two I'll finish them.

breaking bad ended pretty decent too.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.