The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Futures anyone??

Anything related to investing, including crypto

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
Anyone here trade futures?

I studies under a CBOT floor trader and actually met a full time trader through the rich dad forums - hey the place is good for something.

Just curious??

You don't hear much about this vehicle.

Joe

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
no blashtrader. followed his trades and we agreed on many of them and money was made - big money

sulli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 26, 2007
Hi Bear,

I trade futures exclusively. I run a couple of counter trend systems on the s&p emini and plan to launch another system in August/September that will trade a portfolio of various futures (e.g. bonds, currency, metals).

Over the past 2 years, I have worked on transitioning to fully automated execution. My trading is now fully automated. It's great because it allows me trade multiple strategies at once. I just keep developing and adding systems, in an attempt to make my equity curve as linear as possible.

sulli

T

TheGreatBear

Hi Bear,

I trade futures exclusively. I run a couple of counter trend systems on the s&p emini and plan to launch another system in August/September that will trade a portfolio of various futures (e.g. bonds, currency, metals).

Over the past 2 years, I have worked on transitioning to fully automated execution. My trading is now fully automated. It's great because it allows me trade multiple strategies at once. I just keep developing and adding systems, in an attempt to make my equity curve as linear as possible.

sulli

So you do system trading. What do you base your system on? What time frame do your systems trade? If that isn't convenient to answer, which books helped you to get started on system trading?
Thanks

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
Personally (and i know this is directed elsewhere)
i learned from a mentor.

i read books by schwager and elder to name a couple

i learned trading by systems - swing trading, position trading,
money management, edge trading, etc...

done very well paper trading but haven't done it long
enough to rish capital just yet.

totally technical trading - no fundamentals except maybe
some seasonal reports and other reports to review for back up

Joe

sulli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Jul 26, 2007
Bear,
I replied to your questions on a new thread www.thefastlanetomillions.com/showthread.php?t=37 I didn't want to hijack the Futures thread.

sulli

About Futures: As far as having enough leverage to "hang yourself", I don't know how anyone can open an account with just enough money to cover the required performance bond and expect to trade profitably? :nono: Craziness. However, I think it's very common.

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
ahh.
the importance of money management. one overlooked area in futures but one that, as you said, is overlooked a lot.

i was taught to never risk more than 20% of my acct at one time.

that's why they have mini's and lower risk, lower volatile markets such as corn.

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
all good points. that shows we all learn differently. there are apparently/obviously many factors involved when trading.

Joe

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.