The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Future Trumps?

NoMoneyDown

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 28, 2007
Round Rock, TX
I went to a local bookstore the other day to buy my wife a book she mentioned she wanted earlier this year (I'm keeping my fingers crossed she still would like it). When I got to the front door, a young boy (~10-12yrs old) held the door open for me, which I thought was odd. I told him "Thanks" and went on to shop. I picked up the book and proceeded to check out. While in line, I noticed the young boy who had held the door open for me was asking a lady who had just checked out if she would like to have her purchased gift-wrapped. I looked behind the boy and he had made a sign detailing his services. I thought to myself, "How genius!" Here is a mere child who had the foresight to capitalize on a seasonal holiday. Time will tell, but I figure he'll be a business owner within a decade or two, and retire shortly after.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Yankees338

Bronze Contributor
Jul 24, 2007
NJ/MD
Very impressive! He's already discovered his inner entrepreneur. I wonder what prompted him to do this...

shaunew

New Contributor
Dec 30, 2007
Seoul, South Korea
Great story. I want to teach my son these things. I hope he has a natural gift, my parents told me to get a job when I was young. Go work with your dad at the factory. I will show my son that there is more then one way to make money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Sponsored Offers

Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
-- HALLOWEEN SPECIAL STARTS TODAY! Get any of my courses at Udemy's current best price through Friday! Use code: HALLOWEEN Use any of the links...
Top Bottom