The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Full-Time Marketing Professional Looking To Shift Into The Fastlane In 2022

Richy Rich

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Sep 29, 2016
Hi everyone,

I actually joined these forums several years back. Aside from occasionally browsing through some of the threads I've never really engaged in here.

Since one of my goals for 2022 is to connect with more like-minded people, I thought now is a good time for an intro post.

A bit about me..

I'm 29 and have been working full time in marketing for several years now. Prior to that, I was trying to make a living out of freelance marketing and a few other entrepreneurial hustles that never went far.

I have no regrets about going into full-time employment over the last few years. In fact, I think it was one of the best decisions I've made. Since being in my current job, I've been able to develop my marketing abilities far beyond what I did when freelancing.

I've built much better work habits and discipline (I think being surrounded by other people at the office all day has helped a lot). It's allowed me to build up a pretty good level of savings and much of that I've invested, which has grown my wealth. I'm hoping to purchase my first investment property within the next few months.

But for as long as I've been working full time, I've had the itch to build something myself. I have been building my own blog on the side over the past few years which has helped to scratch the itch, but it's not a business that's going to take me into the fastlane.

Aside from that, there are a few other things that are adding to my desire to build something for myself and shift to the fastlane..

1. With the way things are going with government policies since the pandemic began, I now see having the ability to work from anywhere in the world as a big advantage. In my current position, I don't have that flexibility.
  2. Feeling of being under-appreciated. The results I achieved for the company in 2021 through paid advertising and SEO were pretty remarkable, yet I received very little credit for this.
  3. Escape poor environment. The people I work with aren't terrible people but they do all have a very slow-lane, negative mindset. I would prefer to be around more ambitious people who inspire me.
  4. Fulfil potential. I've been able to produce some incredible results over the past few years in marketing. I do honestly believe I'm extremely good at what I do and have the potential to build something big.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out the best way I can take my skills and build something myself. My top skills are Facebook Ads, Google Ads, SEO and a very good understanding of human behavior/the psychology behind marketing.

I'm considering trying to get one or two high paying marketing clients in early 2022 and then using that money to fund what would be a more long term, higher growth potential business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Right now, I'm trying to figure out the best way I can take my skills and build something myself. My top skills are Facebook Ads, Google Ads, SEO and a very good understanding of human behavior/the psychology behind marketing.

This translates nicely in any business ... marketing is usually the big deficiency of many aspiring entrepreneurs, so sounds like you got that cover.

Welcome back.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...