The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From the typical preplanned Path... to the Fastlane

Clan50

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 14, 2021
Greetings to all members, new and old, Slowlane or Fastlane. My name is Mar.Ko, and i would like to introduce myself.

I am almost 27 years old, moved from Russia to Germany with my parents at age 6, have a girlfriend for 7 years now (and every intention on marrying and starting a family with her).

It's the typical story: Immigrant from Russia to Germany, my parents did everything to give me and my 2 younger brothers a good life. There was always food on the table, clothes in dresser, a car in the garage and a nice house to live in. And of course, the typical path forward: Go to school, get good grades so you can get into a good university, finish your degree so can secure that nice, high paying job to ensure a stable monthly income.

Only there was one problem: Very early on have i come to the realization, that this was not the life i wanted to live. Of course i hated school, i dropped out of university after 3 years (5 years total for a law degree), and started working without my parents knowledge.
For quite some time it was embarrassing for me to admit, that this was the only job i have ever had. All my friends started working since age 15, they all were couriers for newspaper, or worked at some stores as salesmen, then of course they started being ...something something manger (never been a fan of all these fancy job titles..."director of first impressions" -> "secretary").

All while i have been mooching of my parents. But then my first and only job came, and with it, i learnt more than all of my friends what it truly means. Being paid way less than appropriate, i had to do everything. I was driving our clients everywhere they wanted to go, i was translating (our clients were from russia) everything, be it in a store or during a medical exam, manage all their appointments while they were here, see that all documents were in order, all while being the project manager of a very big project, where i had to be in contact with all kinds of departments, in several countries. My work-life balance was practically non-existent. I was on call 24 hours a day, if a client needed help or there was an emergency, i was to get out of bed and go wherever i had to go. Needless to say how much my relationship suffered during this phase, how many dates i had to cancel because work took longer than expected.

Yeah yeah, i know, why be so stupid and go through this. Why continue doing it. It started so innocently. The incentive was certainly there. Drive fancy company cars (a great deal for me at age 22), have a fancy job title, go places and meet important people. And yet it got out of control very quickly, and after 2 years i reached my breaking point.

That's when i started my own company. Moving company, to be precise. I became self-employed, and started offering my services to people. No plan, no experience, no idea how to handle things, i just went....and am still going. My company has now survived its third year (since July 2017), and even survived the whole bullshit year of 2020.

But i know it is time for me to switch gears. After reading a a lot of books on these kinds of matters, it was not until TMF and UNSCRIPTED that i now know in which direction i have to head to fulfil my lifelong dream of financial security. And i am willing to do everything i have to to get to that goal. While, like many others, i too catch myself being complacent, action faking, or just plainly being lazy and thinking things will resolve themselves, i am focused on getting to where i want to get. By taking action every day, little or big, i will reach my goals.
And all thanks to some people who have made a big impact on my life, and one of these people definitely is @MJ DeMarco .

I look forward to getting to know this forum and participating in the journey to the Fastlane.

P.S.: Sry if at times my text is difficult to read. While i myself read, watch and browse exclusively in english, it is not often i get to write whole paragraphs, and for that, my apologies.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, your English is very good, no worries. Great to have ya.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Greetings to all members, new and old, Slowlane or Fastlane. My name is Mar.Ko, and i would like to introduce myself.

I am almost 27 years old, moved from Russia to Germany with my parents at age 6, have a girlfriend for 7 years now (and every intention on marrying and starting a family with her).

It's the typical story: Immigrant from Russia to Germany, my parents did everything to give me and my 2 younger brothers a good life. There was always food on the table, clothes in dresser, a car in the garage and a nice house to live in. And of course, the typical path forward: Go to school, get good grades so you can get into a good university, finish your degree so can secure that nice, high paying job to ensure a stable monthly income.

Only there was one problem: Very early on have i come to the realization, that this was not the life i wanted to live. Of course i hated school, i dropped out of university after 3 years (5 years total for a law degree), and started working without my parents knowledge.
For quite some time it was embarrassing for me to admit, that this was the only job i have ever had. All my friends started working since age 15, they all were couriers for newspaper, or worked at some stores as salesmen, then of course they started being ...something something manger (never been a fan of all these fancy job titles..."director of first impressions" -> "secretary").

All while i have been mooching of my parents. But then my first and only job came, and with it, i learnt more than all of my friends what it truly means. Being paid way less than appropriate, i had to do everything. I was driving our clients everywhere they wanted to go, i was translating (our clients were from russia) everything, be it in a store or during a medical exam, manage all their appointments while they were here, see that all documents were in order, all while being the project manager of a very big project, where i had to be in contact with all kinds of departments, in several countries. My work-life balance was practically non-existent. I was on call 24 hours a day, if a client needed help or there was an emergency, i was to get out of bed and go wherever i had to go. Needless to say how much my relationship suffered during this phase, how many dates i had to cancel because work took longer than expected.

Yeah yeah, i know, why be so stupid and go through this. Why continue doing it. It started so innocently. The incentive was certainly there. Drive fancy company cars (a great deal for me at age 22), have a fancy job title, go places and meet important people. And yet it got out of control very quickly, and after 2 years i reached my breaking point.

That's when i started my own company. Moving company, to be precise. I became self-employed, and started offering my services to people. No plan, no experience, no idea how to handle things, i just went....and am still going. My company has now survived its third year (since July 2017), and even survived the whole bullshit year of 2020.

But i know it is time for me to switch gears. After reading a a lot of books on these kinds of matters, it was not until TMF and UNSCRIPTED that i now know in which direction i have to head to fulfil my lifelong dream of financial security. And i am willing to do everything i have to to get to that goal. While, like many others, i too catch myself being complacent, action faking, or just plainly being lazy and thinking things will resolve themselves, i am focused on getting to where i want to get. By taking action every day, little or big, i will reach my goals.
And all thanks to some people who have made a big impact on my life, and one of these people definitely is @MJ DeMarco .

I look forward to getting to know this forum and participating in the journey to the Fastlane.

P.S.: Sry if at times my text is difficult to read. While i myself read, watch and browse exclusively in english, it is not often i get to write whole paragraphs, and for that, my apologies.
Hey man, welcome to the forum!

You may or may not realize this but you can hit the jackpot with this moving company.
Because of the pandemic e-commerce will be the next big thing, we've seen nothing yet IMO. Moving goods around will explode along side it as well.
Consider what you need to do to be able to offer online stores the very much needed logistics to move their products around.
There is alot of room to grow in food and home stuff delivery.

ExaltedLife

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 10, 2015

Great introduction.

Before abandoning your moving company, why not think of how to take it to fastlane? Depends on your goals of course, but there's definitely million dollar potential there if you expand correctly

Clan50

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 14, 2021
Welcome my friend, your English is very good, no worries. Great to have ya.
Thank your very much! Looking forward to getting my life on a better path, and very much thanks to you and your insightful information found in 2 of the best books i have ever read (didn't get to the Overheard discussion yet, but definitely on my list!)

Clan50

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 14, 2021
Hey man, welcome to the forum!

You may or may not realize this but you can hit the jackpot with this moving company.
Because of the pandemic e-commerce will be the next big thing, we've seen nothing yet IMO. Moving goods around will explode along side it as well.
Consider what you need to do to be able to offer online stores the very much needed logistics to move their products around.
There is alot of room to grow in food and home stuff delivery.
Hello! Very nice tip, thank you! Definitely going to think about a possible way to integrate this in the future!

Clan50

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Mar 14, 2021
Great introduction.

Before abandoning your moving company, why not think of how to take it to fastlane? Depends on your goals of course, but there's definitely million dollar potential there if you expand correctly
Hi! It's not like i plan on abandoning my company too soon, it's just that i want to explore other possibilities, especially in the digital realm, with outing losing focus on the moving business! :) But definitely thinking about ways to take it to fastlane!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...