The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

$$ from a site

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
In terms of scale, how many people have to visit your website on a monthly basis to make $500 a month? $5,000? $500,000?

Just looking to get an idea...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mr K

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
14%
Jan 14, 2008
LOTS ... :) I actually saw something about this a while back, and yeah you need HEAPS.
I had a site that was during over 500 000 impressions a month - was making $150 a month.

In the past week, I've had just on 1500 people visit my blog: http://www.studiowhiz.com & I've made $0 .. then again I did manage to get kicked off TextLinkAds

royemunson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Jul 24, 2007
SW Ohio
it depends on your niche and your business model. lets just say you are just throwing up google or yahoo ads.

i have a travel site and i need around 500 visitors a day to hit the 500 per month figure. it stays fairly consistent from that standpoint.

in terms of selling other items and whether or not you are selling a service, selling an info product from a direct sales page, etc. this will vary.

JOe

6.0_bull

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Nov 27, 2007
There are so many variables to this , that to give you an exact answer to this question would not do it justice , I have some information on this somewhere will see i i can find it and post it up here for you .

PurEnergy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Jan 4, 2008
I had no idea the amount of traffic required to make any money on a site is as high as what I'm hearing.

I guess the consumer will eventually let you know by the amount of traffic your site recieves whether or not you actually have something of value.

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
Sean,

The answer is, it all depends.

If you have a subscription business, which charges $20.00 per month, and you have 100 subscribers, thats $2000.00/mo.

Therefore, 100 users generated $2000.00.

The question is, what is it your offering them, for them to go into their pockets and cough $20.00 per month?

MP

In terms of scale, how many people have to visit your website on a monthly basis to make $500 a month? $5,000? $500,000?

Analyzer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
28%
Aug 31, 2007
Portugal, Europe
Depends a lot I've seen a site with 100k unique vistors/month making about $100/month, I've seen 50k/unique visitors making $5000/month and I'm certain there are people with nuch less visitors making way more.

I think that if your not selling anything and lloking to make money from adsense or something similar the trick is to look for words/seaches that get high bids and then build good content around them. With some SEO should make you decent money with a reasonable ammount of traffic.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ

If you had a site with just adsense and you made $0.20 per click, you can back calculate it.

Assume you have a 2% click through ratio, 2 out of 100 visitors click the ad. Then you need 5 clicks for $1, 500 clicks for $100, 2500 clicks for $500.

2500 X 100 / 2 = 125000 visitors.

So you would need 125,000 visitors per month or 4,000 visitors a day to make $500/mo.

Now you can fiddle with the click through ratio and $/click tailor it to your site.

yveskleinsky

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 26, 2007
i have a travel site and i need around 500 visitors a day to hit the 500 per month figure. it stays fairly consistent from that standpoint.
JOe

Are you making money from ads, a product or monthly mbrships?

Jorge

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
Oct 5, 2007
Mendoza, Argentina
I had a site on parking -on namedrive- (wich I sold last week) that had around 250-300 visits a day, from wich 50% clicked the ads. The site was making around 80usd per month. Consider that visitors were from latin america so clicks are worth a lot less (about 0.05 per click)

Andrew

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Aug 8, 2007
Throw all the speculative numbers out the window. You can't come even close to guessing accurately until you have real, first-hand, numbers to work with.

The internet is all about filtering and sorting traffic. I can send you 500,000 visitors who are worth less than $5, I can send you 5 visitors that are worth $500.

Things are basically broken down in to 2 categories -- user demographic/geographic location, and market. Figure these things out first by running tests, and then extrapolate on the data that you collect.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.