The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From a policeman to starting a business

Upside World

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Feb 8, 2023
While I can see, that here i are a lot of fully grown entrepreneurs in the forum, i am just at the starting phase of my business. After college and traveling i was already thinking about doing my own thing by creating a business, but...

My father and surroundings told me since childhood that i am a very introverted and sensitive guy and later on that i don't have the qualities needed to be a successfull entrepreneur (like being very communicative, a leader, confident etc.)
That is also why my father convinced me to become a policemen, cause i have a secure income, pension and clear instructions to cope with.

Experiencing the policemen work lifestyle i soon figured that is not where i wanna be, because i am a very freedom and independence loving person not being bound to a hierarchic system for the rest of my life. So i decided to quit the policeman job and starting my journey to create my own business.

I was also very fascinated about sports and acrobatic skill, which is why 5 years ago i decided to become a passionate handbalancer. I've spent 3 years of daily practice (minimum 2 hours) to learn how to do a one arm Handstand and to improve handstands in general by also improving my knowledge and working with coaches.

That is why after quitting my job as a policeman i started to study sportmanagement and to simultaniously start my "Handstand"-business. I am now at the very start of the creation, which is why i am very grateful to read the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " at my age of 24 now and being able to connect with likeminded people in this forum.

Wish you all the best!
Daniel

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
282%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
While I can see, that here i are a lot of fully grown entrepreneurs in the forum, i am just at the starting phase of my business. After college and traveling i was already thinking about doing my own thing by creating a business, but...

My father and surroundings told me since childhood that i am a very introverted and sensitive guy and later on that i don't have the qualities needed to be a successfull entrepreneur (like being very communicative, a leader, confident etc.)
That is also why my father convinced me to become a policemen, cause i have a secure income, pension and clear instructions to cope with.

Experiencing the policemen work lifestyle i soon figured that is not where i wanna be, because i am a very freedom and independence loving person not being bound to a hierarchic system for the rest of my life. So i decided to quit the policeman job and starting my journey to create my own business.

I was also very fascinated about sports and acrobatic skill, which is why 5 years ago i decided to become a passionate handbalancer. I've spent 3 years of daily practice (minimum 2 hours) to learn how to do a one arm Handstand and to improve handstands in general by also improving my knowledge and working with coaches.

That is why after quitting my job as a policeman i started to study sportmanagement and to simultaniously start my "Handstand"-business. I am now at the very start of the creation, which is why i am very grateful to read the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " at my age of 24 now and being able to connect with likeminded people in this forum.

Wish you all the best!
Daniel
Do you do the sports business because you are good at it and it's your passion or because there is a genuine need for it.
If you want to insist on using your handstand skill to make some money (yes I can't think of a way to live of it for long) then read Dotcom Secrets by russel brunson and follow the steps from there to sell a course on it.

I can see you have some motivation to do something meaningful with your life. If you want to save yourself years of wasted time then forget about your passion and skills and start to solve people's problems.

If I was you I'd quit studying sports management (since it's a surefire way for you to destroy your love for sport while making very little money) and study something that's valuable to the market.
Those are usually STEM subjects.

If you want to get into business, coding or other tech subjects can be very helpful.

Upside World

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Feb 8, 2023
Do you do the sports business because you are good at it and it's your passion or because there is a genuine need for it.
If you want to insist on using your handstand skill to make some money (yes I can't think of a way to live of it for long) then read Dotcom Secrets by russel brunson and follow the steps from there to sell a course on it.

I can see you have some motivation to do something meaningful with your life. If you want to save yourself years of wasted time then forget about your passion and skills and start to solve people's problems.

If I was you I'd quit studying sports management (since it's a surefire way for you to destroy your love for sport while making very little money) and study something that's valuable to the market.
Those are usually STEM subjects.

If you want to get into business, coding or other tech subjects can be very helpful.
Thank you for the Feedback!

Yeah i do sports Business because it is my passion, but i am also trying to Figure out where the biggest genuine need is. I am not Sure if it is particulary in Handstands but i am pretty Sure there is one in the health/sports sector. And in that case i don't see the point in seperating your passion and your business idea when you can acutally connect in a senseful way.

Also thanks for the book recommendation!!

nopalmer

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Feb 7, 2023
i don't see the point in seperating your passion and your business idea when you can acutally connect in a senseful way.
This is the ideal scenario and my ultimate goal too. I wish you lots of luck on your journey!

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Welcome Sir! There are few professions in the world that I respect and admire more than cops.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Sounds like we're being trolled. Not sure how someone can read TMF and come to the conclusion that following their passion is the conclusion, a passion that amounts to "under water basket weaving."

Has social media totally and unequivocally destroyed reading comprehension?

Upside World

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Feb 8, 2023
Okey...call me naive or else, but i'll just ask anyway, cause i want to learn and this is a big mystery to me. I mean i get it, that following ones passion is self oriented and not market oriented on first sight and doesn't mean that you will Provide much value to Society.

But my thoughts here are:
Isn't it useful in my case to look at the fitness/health sector, cause this is something very important to All humans - and therefore search for ways on how to give value to as many people as possible by creating a well positioned business?

In that scenario i am not blindly following my passion but trying to find a smart way of connecting both: business and my passionate area?
I would really love to hear your thoughts on this, as that is a really important question for me, where i have to find answers.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
Sounds like we're being trolled. Not sure how someone can read TMF and come to the conclusion that following their passion is the conclusion, a passion that amounts to "under water basket weaving."

Has social media totally and unequivocally destroyed reading comprehension?
Imo he built up his business and now read TFM.
Should he now immediately close down all he did up to now, or more likely look, if he can pull anything good out of what e built allready?

Kokaka

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Aug 9, 2019
Okey...call me naive or else, but i'll just ask anyway, cause i want to learn and this is a big mystery to me. I mean i get it, that following ones passion is self oriented and not market oriented on first sight and doesn't mean that you will Provide much value to Society.

But my thoughts here are:
Isn't it useful in my case to look at the fitness/health sector, cause this is something very important to All humans - and therefore search for ways on how to give value to as many people as possible by creating a well positioned business?

In that scenario i am not blindly following my passion but trying to find a smart way of connecting both: business and my passionate area?
I would really love to hear your thoughts on this, as that is a really important question for me, where i have to find answers.
As someone who have dabbled with gymnastics in my fitness journey. I have a business Idea for you.
Create/brand wrist wraps which helps with wrist tendonitis. Its a bitch.
Maybie get some chinese manufactorer who makes wraps for weightlifting. Creape your brand. Call it like "handstand helper", "Wrist rockers", "Acro-supports" etc.
Market it on nichee social media sites dedicated to gymnastics, crossfit, calistenics or parkour.

Boom!
Combine business with your passion and you will probably be the only one doing it.
Now you just need to figure out how to do all this.
Your welcome.

Upside World

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Feb 8, 2023
As someone who have dabbled with gymnastics in my fitness journey. I have a business Idea for you.
Create/brand wrist wraps which helps with wrist tendonitis. Its a bitch.
Maybie get some chinese manufactorer who makes wraps for weightlifting. Creape your brand. Call it like "handstand helper", "Wrist rockers", "Acro-supports" etc.
Market it on nichee social media sites dedicated to gymnastics, crossfit, calistenics or parkour.

Boom!
Combine business with your passion and you will probably be the only one doing it.
Now you just need to figure out how to do all this.
Your welcome.
To my knowledge there are already a lot producers for wrist wraps - i am more into online business

BlackRabbit3PL

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 6, 2023
Houston & Los Angeles
In my journey, I've gone from a constant cycle of working at a company, leaving to start my own business, gaining skills in that process, only to get a bigger gig at the next company (I always thought of this as a viable exit strategy nonetheless), rinse and repeat. Which lands me to where I am now, starting a business with a close colleague and it finally blowing up.

Point is, you never know where this new business will lead you. It might be the vehicle you were looking for, or it might lead to something greater in general that you never thought of. Just do it and strive to be the best at it, youll never go wrong if you keep that in mind, you will get noticed for all the right reasons, and something WILL happen as long as you keep going. The destination will be equally as great, it just might not have been the exact coordinates you thought.

maras2137

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Nov 19, 2021
So i must write a topic "from drug dealer and criminal crew member
to real esteatment investor"? No cause nobody talk about it, but is a a such weighty talk about! Maybe later!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...