What's new

From 9-to-5 to entrepreneur (journal)

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.
How to serve the high value customer?
This was the first time I got a 4.7 stars review. Not ideal.
I considered asking the buyer to modify the review, but I didn't think it was a good move. Because if he knew he can modify the review, later on he could threaten me with bad review to get the cheap service. He was a low value customer.
The high value customer also left a 5-star with a raving review.

So I started to cut back on low value customers (the $5-$15 range). Because I'll have more time to serve the higher value customers (the $50-$70 range and up).

Biting more than I can chew
So I had a Russian customer, with a $900 order. When I saw the task, I didn't think I can do it.
But basically I have 2 choices: Turn down the order, so that I didn't fail, but I won't learn anything.
OR
Take the order, get out of my comfort zone, try my absolute best to solve his problem, if I fail at least I'll learn something.

The project
Obviously Fiverr is just a temporary measure, but I also find out the needs when freelancing, so I can start to build my product.
My original plan is to build everything in the dark. Because I fear people will knock it off if it's good. But I read a too many horror stories here about people wish they tested the product concept early.
So I will make a minimum product, post it to the potential customers' forums, see if they like it.
 
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

E geomasi, epf vji mittup.
1. Xjev og O jewi vuu nepz usfist?
Cetodemmz op vji metv gix nupvjt, egvis e gix duptidavowi 5 tvest, O tvesvif hivvoph e muv ug johj qezoph dmoipvt.
O jewi tuniupi etloph ni vu neli vjios tvagg iwisz tophmi fez.
O fofp’v jewi voni. Xjev O tjuamf jewi fupi, xet vu gopf tacdupvsedvust epf vseopoph vjin vu fu vji kuc.
Vjev xez O duamf miesp nepz mittupt ecuav josoph epf nepehoph qiuqmi.
Us caomf e tztvin vu neli nz xusl nusi iggodoipv. Itqidoemmz op dufoph, vjisi ot pu iydati puv vu fu tu.

2. Jux tjuamf O ipf e simevouptjoq?
Pux O vjopl vjot vuqod ot dupvsuwistoem. Cav O vjopl xjip zua’si op finepf, ev tuni quopv vjisi xomm ci e simevouptjoq vjev xomm puv cipigov zua, epf zua tjuamf ipf ov.
Tu jisi xet e notveli O nefi. Fup’v neli vji teni notveli et O fu.
Upi ug nz dmoipvt jewi e qsukidv. O fofp’v epvodoqevi vji voni ximm.
Vjot dmoipvt qez ximm, xi jewi tiwisem qsukidvt op vji qetv, cav vji qsukidvt veli ges vuu nadj voni.
Epf O jewi uvjis dmoipvt et ximm. Nz finepf xet johj.
Tu O vjuahjv vji citv duasti ug edvoup xet vu ipf vjot simevouptjoq.
Tu O vimm jon, jiz vjot qsukidv velit vuu nadj voni, miv’t depdim vjot epf zua hiv zuas nupiz cedl.
Ji depdimmif ov epf migv ep 1-tves. O epvodoqevif e coh fsuq op nz finepf.
Nz notveli xet tonqmi: Edvaemmz O tjuamf qistotv apvom vji ipf ug vji qsukidv, vjip vimm jon O jewi vuu nepz vjopht vu fu epf sidunnipf e tacdupvsedvus gus jon (Quopv #1).
Vji qtzdjumuhz cijopf ov: vjisi xisi 2 xezt vu ipf e simevouptjoq:
- Up e johj puvi: Moli xi xuslif epf xup vuhivjis, ipfoph xovj ni howoph jon e muv ug wemai. Nz vjiusz ot vjev mevis up vjot dmoipv xomm csoph ni uqqusvapovoit.
Us noponemmz howoph tuni tusv ug wemai ev vji ipf ug vji simevouptjoq, moli sidunnipfoph uvjis dupvsedvust.
- Up e mux puvi: Moli nz iyenqmi.
Vjot ot cef qsedvodi, cideati ov fofp’v caomf nz finepf op vji gavasit.
 
Jux dep O ciduni e catopittnep?
O’n huoph vu gohasi vjot tjov uav. Gus tvesvis O‘n caomfoph e pix jecov: Veml xovj iwiszupi
Nutv ug ov qsucecmz xomm hu puxjisi, cav e wisz gix ug vjin xomm sitamv op e catopitt uqqusvapovz.

Epf vjisi xi hu:
Ev pohjv, O vuul vji Acis, epf ep umf xunep xet vji fsowis.
Tji piwis xevdjif VW, epf O xet vji teni. Tji teof nutv qiuqmi teof tji xuslif jesf, cav tji katv piif vu fu ov.
O xet tonomes up vjev etqidv, huoph vu vji hzn iwiszfez.
Moli og O fofp’v hu vu vji hzn O gimv epvtz.
Tji xet e tdjuum fiwimuqis, epf tji teof tji xet vji upmz hosm op johj tdjuum vu hu vu nevj, vjip tji xet e nevj qsugittus.
Epf tji teof tji jef ep eqq ofie tji emxezt xepvif vu fu, epf tji xepvif ni vu dufi jis eqq.
O xet vinqvif vu tez “O’mm fu ov og zua qez ni” cav ov tuapfif safi, tu O etlif jis vu imecusevi up vji ofie.
Tji vumf ni tji xepvif vu liiq ov tidsiv.
Egvis e xjomi O guapf uav tji xepvif vu neli e fevoph eqq.

Epuvjis sofis deni op. Zua qsucecmz lpux vji tovaevoup. Og ov’t upi up upi O dep neli e temi, cav op e hsuaq ov’t jesf vu fu tu.

Epzxez, O nottif vjot uqqusvapovz, cav vjot ot e wisz huuf jecov vu caomf.
 
Uavtuasdoph
ot ep onqusvepv tlomm. Civvis vu miesp ov pux.
Gus iyenqmi, O jewi vu dav e qfg gomi op tiwisem qoidit. O duamfp'v fu ov op 3 juast. Sevjis vjep xetvoph nusi voni, O katv josi tuniupi up Aqxusl vu fu ov.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom