I've never created a public progress thread before and even though it feels a little bit scary (being vulnerable and open to criticism), I decided to do it here. Frankly I can't imagine a better place than this forum since the book spoke to me like anything else and I enjoy being around people with similar mindset and goal.
My goal with this thread is to
So far I've picked a topic that I want to dive in (personal development/productivity), identified the target audience (employed men 25-35 trying to create a side business) and their pain points (lack of time, energy and/or motivation to work on their side business).
The website is up with an email opt-in and a downloadable content addressing their pain points. Since getting people on my email list is my main goal, my actions will be aligned with this goal. Techniques like SEO, PPC/PPV, article marketing etc. aren't the way I want to go right now (but will happily use PPC when a product is out and generates a revenue), therefore building relationships with other bloggers with similar audience in order to be able to guest post on their sites will be my target for this week (and the following ones, of course).
Apart from contacting bloggers I want to create another article and publish it on my website and promote it on relevant places.
What online courses on building a side business do you know? I've found B-school, Earn1k, Zero to launch, Location Rebel. Are there any others that I missed? If so, please share.
My goal with this thread is to
- feel the pressure from public commitment and therefore move faster
- document my journey
- make it available for others to see what's worked and what hasn't
- get feedback from other members with different perspectives
So far I've picked a topic that I want to dive in (personal development/productivity), identified the target audience (employed men 25-35 trying to create a side business) and their pain points (lack of time, energy and/or motivation to work on their side business).
The website is up with an email opt-in and a downloadable content addressing their pain points. Since getting people on my email list is my main goal, my actions will be aligned with this goal. Techniques like SEO, PPC/PPV, article marketing etc. aren't the way I want to go right now (but will happily use PPC when a product is out and generates a revenue), therefore building relationships with other bloggers with similar audience in order to be able to guest post on their sites will be my target for this week (and the following ones, of course).
Apart from contacting bloggers I want to create another article and publish it on my website and promote it on relevant places.
What online courses on building a side business do you know? I've found B-school, Earn1k, Zero to launch, Location Rebel. Are there any others that I missed? If so, please share.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
