The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Freshman!

D

DeletedUser394

I just applied for college in the fall

I chose to take modern languages.

Help me pick the languages! (the one's most useful for business and pleasure in Canada, and the USA.

Right now I have to take;

-English
-French

I have to pick 2 of these;

-Spanish
-Italian
-Russian
-German

I was thinking of Spanish (I was sold on this one from a previous post) and Italian because they are similar.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sid23

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 9, 2007
If you took Spanish or Italian maybe you could spend a year abroad in Spain or Italy?

I spent 4 months abroad in Ireland my junior year. One of my best life experiences to date. And I got a 4.0 on 9 credits by basically drinking pints of Guiness with my professors. A great summer!

AlexM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 23, 2009
Spain
Hello, if your decision is based on the business usefulness then you may pick Spanish, it's the third spoken language around the world (first and second are mandarin chinese and english respectively).

In the other hand you are asking specifically about USA and Canada, there you may try with French because of the 21.5% of the Canadian population that speaks French.

I'm from Spain, if you mind.

Regards!

D

DeletedUser394

Hello, if your decision is based on the business usefulness then you may pick Spanish, it's the third spoken language around the world (first and second are mandarin chinese and english respectively).

In the other hand you are asking specifically about USA and Canada, there you may try with French because of the 21.5% of the Canadian population that speaks French.

I'm from Spain, if you mind.

Regards!

I'm taking spanish for sure.:icon_super:

Et, puis je parle deja le francais. (I live in Quebec, the second biggest french speaking place outside of france)

AlexM

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Feb 23, 2009
Spain
I'm taking spanish for sure.:icon_super:

Et, puis je parle deja le francais. (I live in Quebec, the second biggest french speaking place outside of france)

Good choice :eusa_clap:

If I can help you on whatever you need about Spanish or Spain, just shot me a private message.

Best regards, Alex.

werbl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
18%
May 3, 2008
Racine, WI
I took Spanish and it has proved to pretty useful. After four years of it I don't speak the language very well, but I can get by and it's interesting picking up on conversations here and there. On a side note, my old high school dropped their French program and is now teaching Chinese. I'm sure that might have upset some people, but from a practical perspective it might make sense.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Hands down if you feel like your up to it Chinese.

rcardin

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
10%
Oct 30, 2007
Arlington, TX
Spanish gives such a broad range for traveling. Become Fluent! I speak just enough to get me through Mexico and hire laborers but not enough to speak it fluently. I have to think about it too hard. It is not natural.

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Spanish
Russian

Why?

Huge markets that just recently are getting more and more access to broadband. The latinamerican online market is just starting to warm up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.