The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

freelance recommendations

lightweight99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 13, 2009
Kentucky
I am in the search of an electrical engineer. Is there a freelance site anyone recommends or prefers??

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I am in the search of an electrical engineer. Is there a freelance site anyone recommends or prefers??

If there isn't, you just exposed a business opportunity of Fastlane proportion.

Jill

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 26, 2008
Frisco, TX (Dallas)
Elance. I think they are generally thot to be one of the biggest. Caveat: I've not personally used any of the resources listed there. But they do have a pretty legit grading and feedback system. Thomasnet.com is another big one. I'm sure there are others.

LondonLife

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
Jan 8, 2010
London
Do you mean someone who is a professional engineer and designs complex electrical systems? An Electrical Engineer.

Or someone who wires your house up, puts light switches in etc? An Electrician.

If it is the former, then freelancers generally don't exist as they don't have the suitable liability insurance for such tasks. If they do exist, I'd be wary they were the real deal and offered the correct services to current standards, were chartered with the right institutions, and have a training regime in place to keep up with new standards etc. It would be a minefield of things that could go wrong and never worth the risk. Would you ever want a freelance surgeon to operate on you?

lightweight99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
11%
Nov 13, 2009
Kentucky
Do you mean someone who is a professional engineer and designs complex electrical systems? An Electrical Engineer.

Or someone who wires your house up, puts light switches in etc? An Electrician.

If it is the former, then freelancers generally don't exist as they don't have the suitable liability insurance for such tasks. If they do exist, I'd be wary they were the real deal and offered the correct services to current standards, were chartered with the right institutions, and have a training regime in place to keep up with new standards etc. It would be a minefield of things that could go wrong and never worth the risk. Would you ever want a freelance surgeon to operate on you?

A professional electrical engineer would be the one. I have contacted multiple product development and engineering firms to find out that my product will require upwards of $100,000 just to get the ball rolling, thus I thought I would try and find a freelance engineer to do some prototype work for me. I have tried thomasnet which seems to be more company based then individual. I have already met with some firms in CA that I feel would do wonders with my product so I believe finding the capital will be next in my to do list.

Thanks for your input everyone, thanks MJ, note taken :smx9:

EastWind

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Oct 31, 2009
USA
never underestimate your local college engineering department. visit the engineering labs, and hook up with full time grad students doing their masters/phd, chances are they are broke and need a little money and will help you develop what you want to do for a lot cheaper than $100k.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.