The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FREE Skype Call Mentoring

csalvato

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 5, 2014
Rocky Mountain West
Had a good chat with @458 about our current sales process and strategy. Led to a meaningful conversation with my partner and we are making some immediate changes based on @458's sound logic.

Thanks @458

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dylan in Africa

Worldwide Educator
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Aug 25, 2017
Planet Earth
Straight and to the point. No BS and no sales pitch. Thanks for your time, @458

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Will be traveling on vacation for most of December, if I do not respond to your PM quickly I am sorry. I will eventually get back to you and we will schedule for first week of January. Thanks

Divine_Joker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 5, 2019
Pmed You. Waiting for Your answer.

Great Thread.

Divine_Joker

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Feb 5, 2019
Thank you for the yesterday call.. !!!!!! Going on the white board :) Thanks for Your time. Thanks for the honest advice.

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
295%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Had a good call on Thursday with @458

He helped me see through some of the bullshit I had been telling myself over the last six months about where I was on my journey and where I am going.

He also explained how I need to master a skill as people will only see me as a 'punk a$$ kid' at the moment. For the last two years I had been writing copy for businesses but in recent times I had burnt out from it. However, he made me realize that it's the one area where I excel at the moment.

I need to commit to 12 hour working days everyday for the next 10 years in Real Estate which is where I want to end up. Knowledge and resources needed before any real progress can be made.

P.S
Landed a $4000 dollar copywriting contract yesterday with a previous client who I followed up again with after my call with 458.

Last edited:

PersistentlyHungry

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 25, 2017
Israel
This initiative is extremely inspiring.
@458 I'd love to offer some value in the investment / financial industries (Investment banking, Private equity, Wealth management, Tax planning, Hedge funds).

And completely unrelated, would love to have a mentoring call.
Will PM you.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Just messaged everyone that had PMd me. Going forward I wont be scheduling calls, it will just be first come first serve as I am free on Skype. Just PM me your Skype details and ill add you and then you can message me there when you are free to speak. If I am around and free we will then chat at that time. Thanks

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I called this dude. I want all you super curious ppl to know. Here’s a recap of the convo.

Him: Hi
Me: Hello!

Him: So you can just talk about whatever you want.
Me: ok...

Me: BLAH! Blah blah, blah, blah BLAH blah.. blahhhhhh!
Him: Your probability for success is highest if you stick to what you have been doing for many years and don’t try something new, like getting into the most competitive industry on earth when you’re already 38.

Me: <silence>
Him: I mean, that’s what the majority of these calls are. People don’t want to hear it but.. if we’re talking probabilities..

Me: <still silent but my nose is flaring a lot, my eyes are squinting and I may be gripping my phone rather tight>
Him: I think you’ve done well, you have a lot of experience. If you invest more into the field you have experience in you’ll be even more successful.

Me: <remembering he’s just a guy who prolly works an ungodly amount of time and is sharing advice while being polite> Thanks dude, hope you have a good week.
Him: You too! Feel free to chat again in a couple months.

So... this guy is nice. I’m used to talking to ppl with ADD, while they chug espresso. He talks like a Midwesterner. Measured. Calm. No jarring accent. He doesn’t sound haughty either. He sounds like somebody who gives you time to think. I could tell he felt bad about popping my mega dream bubble but.. that’s why I called, ya know? To get his opinion.

I dunno if I’ll ever call again. I have a bunch of successful ppl who talk to me every week and it’s kida awkward talking to a complete stranger for only ten minutes. He seems decent enough and he gets to the point so that’s good. I dunno if I’ll ever ask for life-changing advice from anyone again. I think I’m gonna stick to asking for help for specific problems. I’m glad I did it instead of chickening out.

If you’re reading this in Feb 2021 could you please pm me and find out if I made my millions by taking his advice or doing the SEO stuff? Thanks.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
I called this dude. I want all you super curious ppl to know. Here’s a recap of the convo.

Him: Hi
Me: Hello!

Him: So you can just talk about whatever you want.
Me: ok...

Me: BLAH! Blah blah, blah, blah BLAH blah.. blahhhhhh!
Him: Your probability for success is highest if you stick to what you have been doing for many years and don’t try something new, like getting into the most competitive industry on earth when you’re already 38.

Me: <silence>
Him: I mean, that’s what the majority of these calls are. People don’t want to hear it but.. if we’re talking probabilities..

Me: <still silent but my nose is flaring a lot, my eyes are squinting and I may be gripping my phone rather tight>
Him: I think you’ve done well, you have a lot of experience. If you invest more into the field you have experience in you’ll be even more successful.

Me: <remembering he’s just a guy who prolly works an ungodly amount of time and is sharing advice while being polite> Thanks dude, hope you have a good week.
Him: You too! Feel free to chat again in a couple months.

So... this guy is nice. I’m used to talking to ppl with ADD, while they chug espresso. He talks like a Midwesterner. Measured. Calm. No jarring accent. He doesn’t sound haughty either. He sounds like somebody who gives you time to think. I could tell he felt bad about popping my mega dream bubble but.. that’s why I called, ya know? To get his opinion.

I dunno if I’ll ever call again. I have a bunch of successful ppl who talk to me every week and it’s kida awkward talking to a complete stranger for only ten minutes. He seems decent enough and he gets to the point so that’s good. I dunno if I’ll ever ask for life-changing advice from anyone again. I think I’m gonna stick to asking for help for specific problems. I’m glad I did it instead of chickening out.

If you’re reading this in Feb 2021 could you please pm me and find out if I made my millions by taking his advice or doing the SEO stuff? Thanks.

Everyone wants to hear there the next Tom Brady.. But NO ONE wants to hear there better off being the air supplier for the balls he throws. But hey, that's life!

Oh and this:

Confirmation bias - Wikipedia

David 964

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
179%
Feb 10, 2019
Los Angeles
This thread is about 2 years old, yet it is great to see 458 still helping out random strangers and share his experience. I had a chance to talk to Paul. It was quick, to the point and helpful. He listen but didn't waste time. I got 4 pointers from him, some of I can use right away.

I appreciate the fastlaner perspective. And we are all lucky to have : TFF forum, key members, tools, inspiration and helpful feedback.

I hope I will be able to help soon also, at least in some aspect.

lobo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 20, 2019
I don't know if you're still doing this, could we do a call?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Sure but your going to have to bother me a lot because i am extra busy right now trying to finish up a lot of stuff before year end.

lobo

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Feb 20, 2019
Sure but your going to have to bother me a lot because i am extra busy right now trying to finish up a lot of stuff before year end.

Can we please do a call anytime soon? I'll literally free up any hour you have available

kirihara

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Apr 24, 2020
Chicago
Hey 458, just joined the forum and was intrigued by your threads. I'm at a crossroads with starting a few new ventures and would love to chat to get some advice on the right direction if you are still doing these calls.

I can't seem to find the PM option on my account, so would you be able to send me one?

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hi @458
I seek your wisdom but not without putting in significant amount of work.
is it fine if I ask for your time in February 2021, whenever you are available?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Hi @458
I seek your wisdom but not without putting in significant amount of work.
is it fine if I ask for your time in February 2021, whenever you are available?
Sure whenever is fine

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.