The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free or Fee? - App Design

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

Insight

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Aug 7, 2019
Hi everyone
As I've mentioned before on this forum, I run an educational Youtube channel based around design, which sees around 800,000 views per month at the moment.
I'm in the midst of designing a mobile app that is essentially going to help streamline a freelancers workflow, by having a checklist, keeping specific metrics and other useful features.
I don't have any skills with coding, so I'm designing the frontend side of the app i.e the graphics, and have hired somebody else to finish the app itself. He has suggested that I offer the app for free on the Play Store (starting with just Android) and then move to a paid app for the second version. From my Youtube channel, I'm fairly confident I could convert at least 2,000 sales of the app within the first month, if it was at around a dollar. So I'm stuck on whether or not to push it for a fee or for free? The other option I guess is to have the app as a free trial for a set amount of time, and then to charge for it. But wouldn't that be easy to get around by making new accounts with different email addresses?
I've also purchased the domain for the app name and intend on making a landing page as well as marketing it to my Youtube audience.

Looking forward to hearing your advice, and thanks in advance. .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
2000 sales at $1 hardly seems worth the effort. Wouldn't you be better setting it up as a SAAS service and charging a dollar a month?

If it is suitable for morphing into a SAAS app I'd be inclined to offer a cut down version for free and have an all singing, all dancing version waiting in the wings to sell later on.

You have to gauge your offering carefully though. If your free product is too good then no one will want to upgrade. If it doesn't provide enough features then no one will want to use it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.