Hello.
I have an idea - similar thing has been working in my 70 000ppl hometown for some years and its webpage is worth now $151,691 ($131000 in 2013), but it also provides local news. Due to my information, there is no other company like this prospering in my present city of living.
Background
I live and work in the 100 000ppl, not rich city. There is no dedicate news and announcements portal for the city, just some dispersed, multilocational pages.
The point
A free A4, 2 sheets for start brochure with local classfields and some ads. The brochure would be a printed version of lets say the first number of entries from my new webpage, where people could add and seek for classfields for free. There could be some ads too, but not interrupting. If someone would like to be sure that his text had been put into the paper, he would have to buy a paid announcement position.
My duties
I would have to learn to and create a website and a simple system of database with the incoming inquiries, which would allow me to quickly pass through, moderate them and allow to be printed in a standarized form. The papers would be available in local groceries for free and I would have to distribute fresh brochures once a week (Saturday).
Scaling limits
Cities' population x number of cities in my country.
Profit
Ads, not much income for start. Building a brand, website positioning, maybe adding content, news, forum, whatever people needs would be. Selling the brand after some time.
Time
Easy to manage - with a good, simple database program, after some time I could hire a low qualified person to do the most time-consuming things for me.
Im working 8h a day now and planning to introduce some significant changes.
Please let me know what do you think about that and advise me if this has potetntial or should I rather seek for another opportunity.
Thanks, I'll be available tomorrow (yes, working
)
I have an idea - similar thing has been working in my 70 000ppl hometown for some years and its webpage is worth now $151,691 ($131000 in 2013), but it also provides local news. Due to my information, there is no other company like this prospering in my present city of living.
Background
I live and work in the 100 000ppl, not rich city. There is no dedicate news and announcements portal for the city, just some dispersed, multilocational pages.
The point
A free A4, 2 sheets for start brochure with local classfields and some ads. The brochure would be a printed version of lets say the first number of entries from my new webpage, where people could add and seek for classfields for free. There could be some ads too, but not interrupting. If someone would like to be sure that his text had been put into the paper, he would have to buy a paid announcement position.
My duties
I would have to learn to and create a website and a simple system of database with the incoming inquiries, which would allow me to quickly pass through, moderate them and allow to be printed in a standarized form. The papers would be available in local groceries for free and I would have to distribute fresh brochures once a week (Saturday).
Scaling limits
Cities' population x number of cities in my country.
Profit
Ads, not much income for start. Building a brand, website positioning, maybe adding content, news, forum, whatever people needs would be. Selling the brand after some time.
Time
Easy to manage - with a good, simple database program, after some time I could hire a low qualified person to do the most time-consuming things for me.
Im working 8h a day now and planning to introduce some significant changes.
Please let me know what do you think about that and advise me if this has potetntial or should I rather seek for another opportunity.
Thanks, I'll be available tomorrow (yes, working
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
