The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Founder of startup wants HUGE salary from the beginning

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

OVOvince

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Oct 18, 2014
Why hasn't he talked to the ceo yet, I've seen atleast 6 posts saying he will do so but he still hasn't done it?

i also mentioned a couple times that i need to talk to someone who won't disclose information before i talk to the CEO but okay just ignore that if you want

anyways, here's a short and sweet update:

Everything is taken care of. I had a huge meeting with the CEO and other people involved. We went over all the problems I discussed, and even more problems I wasn't unaware of came about, but all were addressed appropriately. As I suspected, the CEO just didn't have a clue, it's not like he was trying to be greedy with money. It's unfortunate how everyone makes the worst assumptions even when I clearly stated that he's a nice guy, but even then, thanks for the discussion. :)

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
i also mentioned a couple times that i need to talk to someone who won't disclose information before i talk to the CEO but okay just ignore that if you want

anyways, here's a short and sweet update:

Everything is taken care of. I had a huge meeting with the CEO and other people involved. We went over all the problems I discussed, and even more problems I wasn't unaware of came about, but all were addressed appropriately. As I suspected, the CEO just didn't have a clue, it's not like he was trying to be greedy with money. It's unfortunate how everyone makes the worst assumptions even when I clearly stated that he's a nice guy, but even then, thanks for the discussion. :)
One thing Mrs jon and I encounter on a regular basis is that the anticipation of a conflict is normally much worse than the actual conflict.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DamienP

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Sep 27, 2015
UK
Sounds like this guy needs to sell up and move on. Pay him a massive salary and he'll sit there getting fat and comfortable, like a dead weight around your neck.

Either he needs to move on, or you do.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012

Formless

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 27, 2013
So what was the solution/agreement you guys came to?

LateStarter

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Canada
My CEO salary guidelines:
  • $50k or 2x lowest salary in the company.
  • Must have 6 months CEO salary in the bank on top of 6 months burn before you get paid.
  • Hold down your day job as long as possible. That should be funding you, not the startup.
  • CEO is the LAST guy to get paid.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Maria Lucero

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
20%
Oct 4, 2015
My CEO salary guidelines:
  • Hold down your day job as long as possible. That should be funding you, not the startup.

I just asked a similar question regarding whether it was possible to keep your day job after receiving seed funding, so this is a very interesting point that you make.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.