The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Forum Feedback

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
Hey @MJ DeMarco

I just wanted to give you some feedback about the forum design, not sure how it will correspond with your analytics.

Since the redesign I've not been visiting the forum as much. I stop by but it always looks like there isn't much happening - and I've just worked out why that is:

(N.b Ignore the 'threads below this have not been updated' line - that's not what I'm talking about)

What stops me from viewing more are the bold black lines across the top of some of the rows when looking at 'new posts'. I'm not sure why they appear on some threads and not on others (or why the white/grey background is not consistent) but I have been confusing the first black line I come to with the 'threads below this have not been updated' line.

I've realised now but just thought I would mention it incase others are doing the same.

screencapture_thefastlaneforum_community_find_ne.png

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

c_morris

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Oct 30, 2016
Nova Scotia, Canada
Looks to me like the line shows up below any thread that has a pin icon (sticky). I for one don't browse the forum in this manner and don't have any issues with it.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Looks to me like the line shows up below any thread that has a pin icon (sticky).

Huh! I always wondered what the hell that line meant. Never looked close enough to consider that they were pinned threads.

Thanks for that little bit of insight :)

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm confused. A little black line underneath a thread is irritating you?

That tiny line indicates the thread is a STICKY, and most likely, a GOLD / NOTABLE thread.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JoeB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jul 17, 2014
UK
I'm confused. A little black line underneath a thread is irritating you?

That tiny line indicates the thread is a STICKY, and most likely, a GOLD / NOTABLE thread.

I didn't say it was irritating me. I said it was unconsciously registering as the 'threads below this have not been updated' line and I wasn't reading any further.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I didn't say it was irritating me. I said it was unconsciously registering as the 'threads below this have not been updated' line and I wasn't reading any further.

Ah, now I understand. So you'd visit the first time in a few days and under your "New Posts" it seems like there's 3 new posts, when in fact there is 300.

From what I can tell, the software is adding it -- it's not something I've done.

I'll take a look and see what I can do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.