The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Former Slow Laner

lgct02

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 13, 2011
Hello all, by way of introduction. I am a 58 y/o former slow laner. I bought into all the slow lane crap for so many years. I have 2 masters degrees that I thought was my ticket out, but turned out to be cement boots that have held me to indentured servitude for far to long. I only wish I had MJ's book 30 years ago. I am here to learn and benefit from those who have been in or going on with the fast lane. At my age the fast lane is the only choice I see. Having been caught up in the slow lane I had invested in real estate here in California at exactly the wrong time and lost nearly everything. A few years later my son introduced me to MJ's book. We started an internet business, within the last 6 months, and sold our first web site for $18,000. Not a lot but a start. MJ in his book suggested interacting with like minded people so I joined this forum. This is something I have never done in the past so in the interest of making different choices here I am. I look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Hello all, by way of introduction. I am a 58 y/o former slow laner. I bought into all the slow lane crap for so many years. I have 2 masters degrees that I thought was my ticket out, but turned out to be cement boots that have held me to indentured servitude for far to long. I only wish I had MJ's book 30 years ago. I am here to learn and benefit from those who have been in or going on with the fast lane. At my age the fast lane is the only choice I see. Having been caught up in the slow lane I had invested in real estate here in California at exactly the wrong time and lost nearly everything. A few years later my son introduced me to MJ's book. We started an internet business, within the last 6 months, and sold our first web site for $18,000. Not a lot but a start. MJ in his book suggested interacting with like minded people so I joined this forum. This is something I have never done in the past so in the interest of making different choices here I am. I look forward to learning as much as I can from all of you.

Welcome sir!

What masters degrees do you have?

buckmajor

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
4%
Apr 28, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Hey welcome to the forum lgct02!!

We started an internet business, within the last 6 months, and sold our first web site for $18,000. Not a lot but a start. MJ in his book suggested interacting with like minded people so I joined this forum.
Eh!! Your doing better than me, I can't even make $3000 in 6mnths. Ok, so I think I'm in the 'Slower than the Slow land' lol.... :nonod: (ARRGHHH!!)...(I'm not crying...seriously I'm not...:smxE:)

lgct02

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 13, 2011
Welcome sir!

What masters degrees do you have?

Thanks for all your kind replies. I have a MSN (Masters of Science in Nursing), and Master of Nurse Practitioner.
Again thank you for all your kind replies.

Shuffle

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Nov 8, 2011
Manhasset, NY
You sir are a inspiration. I just wish my father would do that when I told him about these opportunities. It's something I really do envy!

Kuhzaam

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 15, 2011
That definitely sounds like a good start! What type of internet business/website did you sell?

KhayShenz

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 3, 2011
Hello!

From California huh? Cool - what part? I'm from Southern California and I'm thinking about Mastermind Groups or forming one in the area.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

I have a MSN (Masters of Science in Nursing), and Master of Nurse Practitioner.
-- those are not cheap and are hard to get. And as far as I know, makes pretty good money.

All the best to you and your fastlane dreams!! =)

lgct02

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 13, 2011
That definitely sounds like a good start! What type of internet business/website did you sell?

It was a information site on the cost of tummy tucks. We had it setting around it was on the 2nd page of google, we decided to pull it out and put some adsense ads on it. We got it to number one on google and it was making
about 1200-1300 a month on the ads we had on it. We needed capitol to continue on with some of our other sites and so we sold it. Just in time to, because google did a panda upgrade and the site was only making about 600.00 a month after that.

lgct02

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 13, 2011
Hello!

From California huh? Cool - what part? I'm from Southern California and I'm thinking about Mastermind Groups or forming one in the area.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.

-- those are not cheap and are hard to get. And as far as I know, makes pretty good money.

All the best to you and your fastlane dreams!! =)

I am from Apple Valley, CA

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
within the last 6 months, and sold our first web site for $18,000. Not a lot but a start.

I'd say that's a great start. Congrats ... you created SOMETHING from NOTHING. In other words, you just created money. If you make $18/hour, $18,000 is reclamation of 1000 hours of your life or 41 days. :smxG:

Kuhzaam

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Nov 15, 2011
Interesting! I have a few ideas about websites that I am looking to create. There is obviously SO much that I have yet to learn, and it is a bit daunting. I have always been really interested in the idea of coding and designing websites, but I am just now starting to learn HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc. I have started working on same pretty basic sites in my free time, but it might be a while before I am able to create anything more complex.

Did you and your son create the website yourself? Or did you pay someone to do it?

Also, how did you go about selling your website? Were you actively looking for someone to sell it to? Or did you just happen to get an offer for it?

lgct02

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 13, 2011
I'd say that's a great start. Congrats ... you created SOMETHING from NOTHING. In other words, you just created money. If you make $18/hour, $18,000 is reclamation of 1000 hours of your life or 41 days. :smxG:

And that 41 days is what it is ALL about!

lgct02

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Nov 13, 2011
Interesting! I have a few ideas about websites that I am looking to create. There is obviously SO much that I have yet to learn, and it is a bit daunting. I have always been really interested in the idea of coding and designing websites, but I am just now starting to learn HTML, CSS, Javascript, etc. I have started working on same pretty basic sites in my free time, but it might be a while before I am able to create anything more complex.

Did you and your son create the website yourself? Or did you pay someone to do it?

Also, how did you go about selling your website? Were you actively looking for someone to sell it to? Or did you just happen to get an offer for it?

Yes we created the web site on a very basic format. Neither of us is big on coding, and that is by design. We
have been very lucky to get an assistant in the Philippines who we pay 400.00 a month and he does all the
grunt work. We spend our time on the SEO. We were able to get about 15000 visitors a month ranking number one in google. The site itself was not much to brag about at all. We had sold a smaller web site earlier this
year to this guy for a couple thousand dollars. Before putting this site up on the market we presented it to him and gave him first chance to buy this site, and he did.

pstchaseki

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Nov 18, 2011
I once figured I should go for nursing, asn & bsn. But after shadowing a friend who's a nurse, I had to ask myself, "Do I see myself doing this 10 hours a day-4 days a week?" The answer was a definite HELL NO. I would quit the job after a day. My friend doesn't mind it, but he certainly doesn't love it. I think it's essential in life to do what WE ARE and not what we think we should. I wanted to do it for financial stability, but that was the wrong motive for me. With all that said, it's quite inspiring to hear about individuals such as yourself.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...