The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For when the kids ask for life advice

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RedKiteKid

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 29, 2017
UK
An interesting development over the last few weeks as my contract is up for renewal soon and I have requested an increase to my day rate which has been approved. This is roughly a 12% 'pay rise' and I don't think you see many of those knocking around in the JOB industry these days. Contracting has its perks and while I dont suppose this is completely within the realms of 'controlable unlimited leverage' it certainly felt a lot easier to get a hold of than a pay rise from my old industry masters. It was also much more duly earned (if I do say so myself) as a contractor, as a business owner I know that my work, my performance, my deliverables matter. Much more than was ever true in the JOB and that, I think, I have pushed forward, and over the last few weeks since starting this thread in particular.

So now to deliver even more value. I now want to work on getting that first hire amd starting to train them up in the system I work with. Time to reinvest this money to grow the business further into the future. Success stoking passion right here right now.

On the house viewings; one seemed out of my league and one seemed easy but I'm not so sure the numbers stack up after all. I think I'm worki g myself back and forth between dive in and back off though, between "I've wanted to do this for so long" and "but the contracting business is paying the bills and has the demand for more heads so grow that". I'm not sure there's enough hours in the day to do both, and maybe the business that's up and cashflowing deserves my monogamy and focus.

I feel like I'm regurgitating some of the chapters of 'Unscripted ' - by jove I think that fella probably knew what he was talking about!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RedKiteKid

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 29, 2017
UK
Nearly a month since my last update and what have I achieved? I'm not going to beat myself up like I have in most of my posts because I actually feel like I have got some traction, so whoo me. I've been working a lot - it's 'deployment time' for my client before the big change freeze in the run up to Christmas - and that means lots of immovable deadlines and lots of must have requirements that have been pushed back down the priority list for most of the rest of the year. It also means lots of long days and lots of overtime. I've been re-working something I wrote last year and by god the old me was crap! I've rewritten a lot of what I created last year to accommodate new requirements and it just goes to show the growth in skillset over that time period, and I expect I'd probably still revisit it in 12 months time and think what I've just written is a dog's dinner too - there's always more to learn just beyond the horizon.

In the last few days I reached out to a guy who I worked with on this development last year. He was a shop floor Ops guy, temping in the warehouse, but eager to learn, already handy with a little bit of sql, and far too switched on to be shuffling round a warehouse floor. I had thought he'd make a great trainee at the time but the money seemed too tight to take on an employee so I didn't ask him about it. He'd moved on from the client so I looked him up on facebook and it turns out he's moved on to start his own business (doing something completely different). I let him know why I'd got in touch - just in case, and because I thought he deserved the complement. And I recommended Millionaire Fastlane to perhaps help push his journey forward (which he quickly rushed out and got the audio for). So that's great, it's good to see someone striding out when you knew they had it in them - it just means the person I had my eye on as a great employee isn't all that interested at the moment!
I really liked this idea of stumbling across someone eager to learn, with a bit of something about them, and tapping them up to join my team so I can help grow their skills, now I just need to source the next bright spark and get in there when I first find them!

Need to update on the property side of things, and possibly ask for some advice, but will have to leave that update for later in the day.

RedKiteKid

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
May 29, 2017
UK
Property:

I think I'm going to sign up for paid mentorship/coaching with someone who has been in the business for a number of years, written books on the subject, runs a property podcast and so on and so forth. I've always been wary of things like this, and TMF made me doubly so because of the concept of looking for chauffeurs rather than taking the wheel yourself, but I've also read so much from so many successful people who all espouse the benefits of as much training, coaching, and mentorship (yes, even the paid stuff) as possible. And I feel as though making this investment will help push me forward because I'll have that money on the line and the burning desire to prove that it wasn't money wasted. But I still have this nagging feeling I could probably get there without the coaching. But I haven't yet so,... Ugh,... it's all round in circles inside my head. So I don't know whether 'F*ck it, I've got to do this' is really the right reason for stumping up the cash for this coaching relationship but since I'm not even 100% sure that's what I'm thinking I'm just pushing forward. I'm not explaining this very well. Basically I guess I'm fishing for opinions on paid mentorship schemes!...

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.