The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

For the web programmers out there

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
This might all sound cliche but Ill carry on with it anyways. Im considering starting a B2B internet company. I have about 10 hours experience programming websites, therefore I know little amounts. The concept is to collect information from my website and then give it other utility websites. I therefore have to talk to each utility company individually and am curious when it comes to programming what do i talk to them about? Is it a form that i can connect to on their already existing website? Can i have them insert somekind of code into their website that will allow me to send a customers information to their website and then the utility company deals with the information as if the customer entered it into their website themselves?
Any kind of clue is appreciated.
Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
This might all sound cliche but Ill carry on with it anyways. Im considering starting a B2B internet company. I have about 10 hours experience programming websites, therefore I know little amounts. The concept is to collect information from my website and then give it other utility websites. I therefore have to talk to each utility company individually and am curious when it comes to programming what do i talk to them about? Is it a form that i can connect to on their already existing website? Can i have them insert somekind of code into their website that will allow me to send a customers information to their website and then the utility company deals with the information as if the customer entered it into their website themselves?
Any kind of clue is appreciated.
Thanks

From someone who's been cannon-balling into the world of webdev recently, you're better off outsourcing this whole thing. 10 hours of what I imagine to be HTML/CSS is not going to be enough if you're looking to start a B2B web-app.

-

The concept is to collect information from my website and then give it other utility websites.

What does this mean. Are you collecting demographic data? Lead generation? What is a Utility Website? Why do they need your data?

-

It sounds like you're doing lead gen to get people to fill out a form. Why not make your life astronomically easier and just start here:

* Spend about 15 hours reading through Perry Marshall's "The Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords" a time or two.

* Run an ad that targets your main demographic.

* Deliver that traffic to a webpage you designed with Wix or SquareSpace in like 20 minutes.

* Show that data to your potential "utility website" clients.

* Offer to do lead gen at a monthly rate of (AdSpend + your cost)

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015
From someone who's been cannon-balling into the world of webdev recently, you're better off outsourcing this whole thing. 10 hours of what I imagine to be HTML/CSS is not going to be enough if you're looking to start a B2B web-app.

-

What does this mean. Are you collecting demographic data? Lead generation? What is a Utility Website? Why do they need your data?

-

It sounds like you're doing lead gen to get people to fill out a form. Why not make your life astronomically easier and just start here:

* Spend about 15 hours reading through Perry Marshall's "The Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords" a time or two.

* Deliver that traffic to a webpage you designed with Wix or SquareSpace in like 20 minutes.

Nmm540

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Nov 4, 2015

-

-

Ya its definitely gonna be outsourced. Ill just be collecting names and addresses. A utility website is for public utilities such as electric, gas, sewer etc. They need my data so they can make money off the customer. The thing is that the customer can HAS to go through the utility company in the end. If you want your electric switched over after buying a house you will have go through the one electric company in your area regardless. My online marketing isnt going to increase their business cause its all dependent on if the person bought a house or not. They can either go through me or through them. My way would just be easier for the customer. I just dont think the utility companies would want to get charged for something that ultimately has them as the end option, maybe im wrong tho. I was thinking of just charging the actual customer for my sevices instead of the utility companies. I could TRY lead gen out tho and see if that works.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheDillon__

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Apr 11, 2016
DFW
Ya its definitely gonna be outsourced. Ill just be collecting names and addresses. A utility website is for public utilities such as electric, gas, sewer etc. They need my data so they can make money off the customer. The thing is that the customer can HAS to go through the utility company in the end. If you want your electric switched over after buying a house you will have go through the one electric company in your area regardless. My online marketing isnt going to increase their business cause its all dependent on if the person bought a house or not. They can either go through me or through them. My way would just be easier for the customer. I just dont think the utility companies would want to get charged for something that ultimately has them as the end option, maybe im wrong tho. I was thinking of just charging the actual customer for my sevices instead of the utility companies. I could TRY lead gen out tho and see if that works.
I'm just confused on exactly what you're offering.

Before we get into the technical side of things, let's do this.

Let's say I'm the owner of a public water utility company. I have never heard of you or your business before, but I see in my schedule that I have a meeting with you today.

Who are you, what do you do, and how does it save me money or make me money?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.