• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. The forum software will be upgraded on Sunday May 26th and may not look normal during the transition. Some functionality may be offline. This is TEMPORARY and is expected to last up to 8 hours.
  2. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

For the Bong Lovers

Discussion in 'Ideas, Needs, Concept Feedback' started by RedBaron, Feb 6, 2019.

1. RedBaron

RedBaron Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $168
    Im going to make this post simple.

Here is the idea. Of course we all know the massive amount of money being dumped into weed. Now from my experience I do understand that the future of consumption will be more in dialed precise doses, and vapes, etc. For those who aren't aware either the high end glass industry bubble rose extremly fast and crashed even quicker. People were buying and selling bongs for thousands of dollars. Now there is a small portion of that market still around, but since China started copying all the Artistic glass blowers, everyone can get a knock-off for cheap as F*ck.

Anyway so here is the idea. I wonder if A bong rental company would work out? you get to try out or rent a bong or vape for a certain amount of time, and return it and get another.

Some problems of course are that they are glass, so kind of fragile you could say

ruzara5 likes this.
  2. MoreVolume

MoreVolume Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,837
    I like your line of thinking, but bong rental isn't the move IMO. As you mentioned, you can get a nice looking piece from a Chinese source for super cheap. I'd rather do that than smoke out of something that someone has already used. Plus, if you're a regular smoker, you get attached to your pieces. It's not something that you really want to just try or share.

You seem to be doing the critical thinking necessary to find a way to make money in the industry. Keep thinking and I think you'll find something fruitful

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    ruzara5 and Timmy C like this.
  3. Jello

Jello Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,333
    Maybe I'm biased but probably you have to deal with a lot of stoners who aren't that picky about turn in the rented items on time.

Agree

4. Bearcorp

Bearcorp Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,271
    Here's an idea for the renting aspect, say for instance your in Colorado, you target people travelling into the state, so link up with any short term accomodation places with flyers in their lobby/rooms, and some website presence. If any smokers are travelling into the state they won't be bringing any weed related products on planes, and wouldn't want to buy a bong/pipe/vape etc to just throw away in a few days when they leave.

FWIW I don't know if this is scalable to a point where it would make great money or even be viable, but there would certainly be a market for travellers into legal states that want/need their fix, and also for casual smokers who just want the enjoyment of smoking in a place where its legal.

Jello likes this.
  5. Kid

Kid Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,510
    Its nice that you have idea.

The thing, directly with the idea, is how would you ensure clients that
    your bongs are hygienically clean?

But my guess would be kind of pivot.

Lets say you would have some freaky and fancy bongs
    (or very expensive) and offer them for rent to party organizer.
    Like, an attraction that you pull out when doing a party for amusement
    of your friends.

6. Zcott

Zcott Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,376
    I would check out the state and provincial laws for selling bongs as it is a cannabis affiliated product.

In Quebec, where I am, since cannabis was legalised, shops are no longer allowed to sell anything related to cannabis smoking. Nothing. Not even stickers with a cannabis leaf symbol on it.

I'd check out to make sure it's legal where you are first.

7. TonyStark

TonyStark I'm not dead yet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $15,016
    LOL I wouldn't rent a dirty butt bong, when I can make one with a gatorade bottle, roll a blunt/joint, or use an apple.

You can buy a rubber or acrylic one for $20.

Stoners would just drop or brake a glass one; happens all the time.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
    Jello likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.